Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing raw [Unable to open Canon 6D Raw files in CS6]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

i have just upgraded my camera to a canon 6D and my ps version is not reading the Raw files.

I have PS CS6 and Camera raw plug in version 7.0.0

I have downloaded and installed the version 9.0 but it doesn't seems it appears.

( working on a MAC )

could you please help?

thanks a lot

regards

Isabella

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Your camera requires at least Camera Raw 7.3. I would sit just that you download and install Camera Raw 9.1.1, which is the last version that is compatible with Photoshop CS6. After you install that version of Camera Raw you should have support for your camera. You can find the download by scrolling down the page at the following website:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires at least Camera Raw 7.3. I would sit just that you download and install Camera Raw 9.1.1, which is the last version that is compatible with Photoshop CS6. After you install that version of Camera Raw you should have support for your camera. You can find the download by scrolling down the page at the following website:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Jim

thanks a lot for your quick reply. However as I said in my message, I did downloaded and installed the camera raw 9.1.1 app on my computer but it doesn't seem to reflect in photoshop. Is there anything else I should have done after installation on the computer?

thanks a lot

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm the version of Camera Raw currently installed.

In Photoshop, click Photoshop CC > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi john!

that is my problem:

in photoshop it says that the version installed is 7.0.0.38

But i have just downloaded and installed the 9.1.1. version and It doesn't reflect in Photoshop.

My question is: do I have to do anything else after installing 9.1.1. on the computer?

thanks

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isabellab5457160  wrote

My question is: do I have to do anything else after installing 9.1.1. on the computer?

Have you installed 9.1.1 or merely download the file?

If you have downloaded a dmg file to your hard drive then you must install it by double clicking on it and following the prompts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi john!
yes i did installed it. and i got the message that it was successfully installed....

but still doesn't appear in PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then either it did not install correctly  or it installed to the wrong folder. I suggest you open Finder and search for  Camera Raw and see if you can determine where the new version was installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello jim,

it tells me it is installed in Machintosh  HD.

I did the installation again and moved it to applications (from downloads). but still it doesn't show in PS.

any suggestions?

thanks a lot

best,

isabella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Photoshop and Bridge.

From the Mac Finder menu:  Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste this path:

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6/File Formats    That will open the folder where the Camera Raw plugin resides.

Remove any and all Camera Raw plugins already in that folder, move it out of the folder and try the install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there!

it still didn't work.

but I realized i did install the 9.8

i had delated it and had installed the 9.1.1 and it did work perfectly!

not sure what happened! but anyway, it works now  I am happy!

thanks so much

best regards

Isabella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad  to hear you got it working.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines