• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lens profile

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when will you include the Canon EF 85 f1.4 in the lens profile for LR 6.14?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Adobe just released the Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM lens profile in camera raw 10.2.

See if downloading and installing the 10.2 adobe dng converter, which installs the same camera and lens profiles as camera raw gets you the Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM lens profile in LR 6.14.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.2

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the lens profile isn't there now and it never will be. Lightroom 6 .14 is the final update for Lightroom 6. There will be no more updates or upgrades for that version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just released the Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM lens profile in camera raw 10.2.

See if downloading and installing the 10.2 adobe dng converter, which installs the same camera and lens profiles as camera raw gets you the Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM lens profile in LR 6.14.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.2

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone wondering, no this doesn't work, at least for older versions of Lightroom Classic CC. I even tried to convert to DNG and see if it would read it in that file, and it doesn't.

In my instance I can't use Version 7.3 due to extreme lag and usability issues, and so this profile is denied to those with previous versions. I have to use 7.2 which is rock solid, so what I've done is use either the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 II or f/1.8 profile and play with the Distortion and Vignetting sliders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR has its own lens profiles separate from those that are installed from the DNG Converter which puts them in the PS/ACR folder not the LR folder; however, you can always copy Adobe lens profiles from newer versions of the DNG Converter into the User profile area where they WILL BE SEEN BY LR as if they were profiles you created or downloaded from a third-party.  So install the latest DNG Converter, then:

For Windows you would find the DNG Converter profiles somewhere under:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

And you would want to copy the specific .lcp files that match the lens you want support for into and area under your user library area:

%APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\

%APPDATA% is a shortcut for a hidden path:

C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\

So the full path is the following, but the AppData folder is hidden so you have to change the options in Explorer to allow clicking on it:

C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has released Lightroom Classic CC 7.4, so maybe that will work better than 7.3.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a EOS 5D Mark IV and a Canon EF 85 mm f/1.4 L IS USM. I copied the *.lcp-File, but it doesn´t work. I look into the file show that only 6D is supported. That sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

When version of Lightroom/ACR are you using. The minimum for that lens is LR 7.2 or ACR v. 10.2

For lens support, the kind of camera that it's on does not make a difference. For Camera support the kind of lens doesn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the Photography Abo, latest Version of Lightroom CC Classic, LC CC and Photoshop 2018. ACR is 10.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not have to copy any file, the installer should do everything for you. I suggest you uninstall and reinstall. Just to be sure, you might also restart after the instal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines