• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mac wont install camera raw update

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to sort this all day today and have given up in previous tries.  I bought a new camera about 2 year ago and camera raw stoped working.  I then had to import to LR and then choose "edit in PS", to transfer it that way.  Im sick of it and really want it to work but my mac will NOT accept the downloaded update.  What can I do?

[Moderator: moved from non-technical forum Lounge to Camera Raw forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

The Canon 5D Mark III requires at least ACR 7.1, which requires at least Photoshop CS6 which is no longer available for purchase. To use ACR and Photoshop with your Canon 5D Mark III you will need to do one of the following as previously suggested.

1. Upgrade to Photoshop CC 2017 (Requires a Creative Cloud subscription).

2. Download and install the free Adobe DNG Converter (see my previous message) to convert your images to DNG before opening in Photoshop CS 5.5.

The version of Lightroom you have m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this link for installation  and help with error messages.

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this, I go through the installer process but it doesn't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Without knowing which version of Photoshop you are using or the specific camera model you have, please review the following suggestions.

Note that the installers on the page suggested previously are for Photoshop CS6 (ACR 9.1.1) and Photoshop CC and later (ACR 9.9).

First confirm which version of the Camera Raw plugin is the minimum required for your camera by referencing the following page.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

If the required version of the plugin is older or equal to ACR 9.1.1 and you are using Photoshop CS6, install ACR 9.1.1.

If you are using a "CC" version of Photoshop, install the ACR 9.9 plugin.

If you are using a version of Photoshop older than CS6, you can either upgrade to the latest Photoshop CC 2017 or download and install the free Adobe DNG Converter from the page below. Converting to DNG will allow you to open the raw files in versions older than ACR 9.1.1 while preserving all the raw image data.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Hope this helps.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a canon 5D mkiii.  Previously I had the mkii and it worked fine, so my current software needs upgraded to support the mkiii but it won't install.  I have CS5.5 PS.  Now I'm having issues with LR, as it won't allow me to move files from LR to PS and that's how I was working previously when the update didn't take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Canon 5D Mark III requires at least ACR 7.1, which requires at least Photoshop CS6 which is no longer available for purchase. To use ACR and Photoshop with your Canon 5D Mark III you will need to do one of the following as previously suggested.

1. Upgrade to Photoshop CC 2017 (Requires a Creative Cloud subscription).

2. Download and install the free Adobe DNG Converter (see my previous message) to convert your images to DNG before opening in Photoshop CS 5.5.

The version of Lightroom you have may be using a more current version of ACR internally which is incompatible with the version of ACR in Photoshop CS 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines