• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"enhance details" produces promenant multicolor vertical artifacts

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open DING files in camera RAW 11.2 running win10 64bit with 1809 update on PC with 8gigs RAM and Intel core 2.80GHz. Awful numerous vertical artifacts with no sharpening . I haven't tried a RAW file not converted to DING.Anyone else having problem with enhance detail?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot a screen shot so we can see what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just spent better part of an hour trying to figuere out how to take

screenshot!!!

fialed miserably, incl PrtSc with and without microsoft icon alt key ctr

key etc.Am attaching the RAW file but its 50mp. should I send it as a Jpeg?

Thanks for your responce

_0015140-Enhanced.dng

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/114VB5rK2cUcLsTIiXEwmlgyGEUBtTcbW/view?usp=drive_web>

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 7:31 PM Randy Hufford <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a more manageable size

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick, if you  have Windows, the the Snipping Tool is standard, or just press the Print SCRN key if you have one.  Once in the clipboard, you can simply paste the image here with Ctrl V.  No need to save and load with the forum widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puget Systems has an interesting article about Enhance Details, albeit for Lightroom.  But it seems highly likely it is the same with ACR in Photoshop

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Lightroom-Classic-CC-2019-Enhanced-Details-GPU-Performanc...

The article also links to this Adobe article about Enhance Details

Enhance Details | Adobe Blog

An important take from the Puget Systems article is the feature uses GPU, and that's something we know from experience to be potentially problematic.   So I  guess we need to make sure our video card drivers are up to date, but I don't know if Drawing Mode and other Advanced setting will make a difference.  In fact Puget specifically mentions image artefacts and false colours, and the need  to experiment.  I don't take many photos nowadays, so have not used Enhance details, so I'm just going by what I am readsing.

If you process a lot of RAW files, then the article makes a good excuse to splash out on the RTX180Ti you've had your eye on but can't justify.  AFAIK, very few Photoshop/Lightroom features show  this much difference between GPUs.  I love that broken line representing onboard Intel HD graphics and its 250, seconds vs 3.7 seconds fore the Titan RTX 24Gb — not that I imagine many people will be spending $2500 for for such a card  (NZ$4200 for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand, but it doesn't work either when I press Insert Prt Sc in PS or

camera RAW

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:07 PM Trevor.Dennis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant take screenshot. attached is RAW file for mac. Hope that helps

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 1:10 AM Sebastian Bleak <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally give up on screen shots Attached is jpeg

Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines