• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where do I get profile to get Canon 70D lens into drop down in Lens correction ACR

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6

ACR 9.1.1

win7 64 bit pro

Opening a shot taken on 18mm of my 18-40 Canon EFL lens on my EOS 70D body,  into ACR, I have the lens in the lens drop down but not the 70D in the model profile drop down.

All that is there in 'profile' is the EOS 1D (which I dont have)  that is a full frame and mine is 1.5 crop.

I select the 1D just to see what happens and the distortion remains.

Its a photo of an aircraft held in my left hand at its wingtip and the port wing is distorted bigger than the stbd compared to what would be if shot on 40mm but I cant hold it that far away to use 40 ! Clearly 1D with its full frame profile is not helping much, but surely this drop down should show other EOS models.

Where do I get to add the 70D and also my 20D to this ?

If I open photo onto CS6 and go filter lens correction the camera bodies listed I see 50D but not 20D or 70D so again missing from there.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I assume that you mean that your lens is the EF 17-40 L.
  2. A lens profile made on the 1D (or any other full-frame model) can be used on photos from any full-frame camera and on photos from any APS-C crop camera. The profile is data about the image created by the lens. Both types of cameras see the same image, the only difference is that the FF camera sees more of it and the Cropper sees less.
  3. The Lens Correction tool corrects for optical distortions in that particular lens, lines that curve instead when they should be straight. It does not change perspective distortions, the fact that objects very close to the lens appear very much bigger than objects further away. This is an inevitable fact of nature. Go outside and hold up your hand. You can blot out the view of a tree 50 feet away. Is your hand really bigger than a tree? This effect of perspective is exaggerated by shooting close with a wide-angle lens. It always happens. Other image faults that are caused by perspective, lines that converge because the camera was tilted, can be adjusted in the  Transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may never get it to show up in CS6. Adobe Photoshop CS6 was released in May of 2012. Your camera was initially released in July or August of 2013. So those profiles may not be in your Photoshop.

As to Camera Raw... When you are in there for lens corrections, notice that it is looking for the Lens Profile. Nothing to do with the camera. I am a Nikon shooter, but it should be the same difference. Make: would be Canon for your lens. Model is the actual lens you are working with (18-40mm Canon EFL or whatever the lens actually is...) And the profile would be the Adobe Profile for that particular lens. So the image I have right now has it listed like this...

Make:      Nikon

Model:    Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 ED VRII

Profile:    Adobe (Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 ED VRII)

I'm assuming yours should look like something similar to that with Canon instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

ok,

maybe they don't need to put a canon body in there at all, seeing such made me think where is mine.

I was able to undo a bit the big wing effect in pshop filters lens correction.

Cheers

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines