why do I have two versions?

I have a strange question , A few days ago I updated Photoshop cc (v20.0.2). Now it's telling me that my Photoshop cc ( 19.1.7) needs to up date also? so which version is correct? I did open the 19.1.7 found out its missing many of my brushes, yet they are in the 20..  Now in the (v20.0.2) I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw. very frustrating!

In my adobe creative cloud, it's also wanting me to update the bridge CC (9.0.2) & CC (v8.1)

So far the Lightroom is up to date.

The most important question, am I running two different versions? holy crow! that's a lot of space it's taking!

Please help!  Especially the titling in raw

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

why do I have two versions?

I have a strange question , A few days ago I updated Photoshop cc (v20.0.2). Now it's telling me that my Photoshop cc ( 19.1.7) needs to up date also? so which version is correct? I did open the 19.1.7 found out its missing many of my brushes, yet they are in the 20..  Now in the (v20.0.2) I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw. very frustrating!

In my adobe creative cloud, it's also wanting me to update the bridge CC (9.0.2) & CC (v8.1)

So far the Lightroom is up to date.

The most important question, am I running two different versions? holy crow! that's a lot of space it's taking!

Please help!  Especially the titling in raw

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by Per Berntsen
Adobe Community Professional, Jan 27, 2019

Photoshop 19 and 20 are two different versions. You can uninstall version 19 using the CC desktop app.

I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw.

Do you mean tiling? Try to disable the GPU. Go to Preferences > Camera Raw, and uncheck Use graphics processor.

3 Replies

Re: why do I have two versions?

Photoshop 19 and 20 are two different versions. You can uninstall version 19 using the CC desktop app.

I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw.

Do you mean tiling? Try to disable the GPU. Go to Preferences > Camera Raw, and uncheck Use graphics processor.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Gosh, I wasn't sure if we could delete.. I've updated before and never had the older version remain.

Yes, I meant titling . I went and changed the settings.

Cant Thank you enough,( Per Berntsen. )Seems like everything is running smooth again.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

In the past, older versions would automatically be uninstalled unless you went to Advanced settings and unchecked it in the install dialog. Now it's the other way round, older versions will not be uninstalled unless you go to Advanced settings (or whatever it's called now) and check the box.

I think this is the way it should be, it makes sense to have the previous version to fall back on in case of serious bugs or other problems. Once you're confident that the new version is working properly, you can then uninstall the old version.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines