• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third party voices are showing up in Dictation & Speech on Mac, but not in Captivate 8?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone let me know what I could be doing wrong or make any suggestions for me? I have installed Infovox iVox : Text to Speech voices for Mac | AssistiveWare (Acapela voices) and am trying to use the "Heather" voice. I downloaded/installed the voice and when I go to System Preferences > Dictation & Speech I can see/hear the voice in there. So, I'm assuming it complies with the OS's speech API fine. I tried relaunching Captivate and even restarted my machine, but I still cannot see "Heather" as an option in the drop-down in the Speech Management window in Captivate 8. I checked the system files and I can see the folder/files for the voice, it's right beside all the other stock Mac ones that are available in Captivate. Any ideas?

Mac OS X 10.9.5

Captivate 8 (Version 8.0.1.242)

Thank you in advance!

Liz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI lizroy,

Did you get any update on this?

I have exactly same requirement and machine config and would love to go ahead and make a purchase of the voice. But if its not working on CP8 I will be stumped.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yoosaf Abdulla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources