Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC 2017 "Sign in required"

Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying hard to make the Acrobat 2015/2017 installations work for us, but I am still having trouble. The 2015/2017 installers and serials work fine for manual installation . The problem is after the software is installed the user is forcibly prompted to logon. I have already done the following and failed each time:

1. Using the “adobe_prtk.exe” tool with the following command:

adobe_prtk.exe --tool=Serialize --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --regsuppress=ss

The above produces the following:

Return Code = 25 or 14 instead of 0

2. Run Adobe Acrobat DC Customization wizard, add serial number and “Grant Offline Exception & Disable Registration”

This produces the error “Offline exception grant process failed”

Here is what is shown in the bottom of the log file:

09/18/17 11:54:15:233 | [INFO] |  |  |  | OOBELib |  |  | 4988 | SN not validated in this session

09/18/17 11:54:15:233 | [INFO] |  |  |  | OOBELib |  |  | 4988 | No SN to be remembered

09/18/17 11:54:15:233 | [INFO] |  |  |  | OOBELib |  |  | 4988 | User hasn't registered

09/18/17 11:54:15:233 | [INFO] |  |  |  | OOBELib |  |  | 4988 | OOBELibImpl::CommitPCD ENDED

09/18/17 11:54:15:233 | [INFO] |  |  |  | SLCoreService |  |  | 4988 | Shutting down SLCore 2.0 Release (build 2.0.1.360321).

09/18/17 11:54:15:245 | [INFO] |  |  |  | SLCoreService |  |  | 4988 | Service destruction took 12.0 ms and succeed.

09/18/17 11:54:15:245 | [INFO] |  |  |  | OOBELib |  |  | 4988 | Closing AdobeIALClient 1.0 Release (build 1.0.6.3) session.

I have called adobe multiple times and waited for hours. nobody ever answers the phone. I need this issue resolved ASAP.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Hi,

I am sorry but you can't skip registration part if you don't have a volume serial key. Users are required to register in your case.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that we do not have a volume key. We purchased 50+ installations that happen to all have the same assigned user "IT Staff" and they all share the exact same serial number. I do not understand why we were not given unique serial numbers for each install. We do not want any user to sign in. Is there any way to remove the "sign in" prompt WITHOUT a volume key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry but you can't skip registration part if you don't have a volume serial key. Users are required to register in your case.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Enterprise license and my users are STILL forcibly prompted to sign in at every launch.

What can be done to stop this insane behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim,

Either your license type requires sign in and you haven't done that, or you need to activate on behalf of all users with a serial, or you haven't disabled services and you need to.

You haven't provided enough product/deployment details to provide good advice, but my guess is you should disable service access and deploy via one of the supported methods. See Troubleshooting and Support — Enterprise Administration Guide

If the solution is not apparent, post back the following:

• product name
  • product track
  • license type/program
  • deployment method
  • whether or not you expect users to have access to online services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having a similar problem.  I just deployed Acrobat 2017 via sccm to 9 Win 10 users and only 1 of the 9 is having the problem.  I built the installation using the Acrobat Customization Wizard to create .mst file.  When Acrobat 2017 is opened, the main screen flashes, then the Adobe Acrobat Sign In Required screen comes up for this one user(or anyone who logs onto the pc).  I signed in with my adobe id, I was able to use the program and I activated the software again, but as soon as I sign out, the software prompts for a sign in again.  The machine just had Adobe Acrobat DC uninstalled prior to installing 2017.  Hopefully I have provided enough info for help with the issue. 

• product name - Adobe Acrobat 2017
  • product track - Not sure
  • license type/program - Not sure
  • deployment method - Acrobat Customization Wizard/SCCM
  • whether or not you expect users to have access to online services - Not sure

Thanks,

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the "not sures" to "I knows" ; otherwise, a definitive answer is not possible.

This can help with the track ID: Document Cloud Product Tracks — Enterprise Administration Guide

It's clear the app requires sign in, so as a guess from my end: disable services or redeploy with a serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was able to track down the answers, please see below:

• product name - Adobe Acrobat 2017
  • product track - Classic
  • license type/program- Volume Licensing/TLP 5.0 LICENSE PROGRAM - GOVERNMENT WW
  • deployment method - Acrobat Customization Wizard/SCCM
  • online services - No

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a problem on only one machine and you've used the same installer across all machines, my guess is that there was or is an existing Acrobat or Reader install that's affecting the current install.

Try the following:

If that doesn't work, check the reg and look for old product remnants (HKCU's Adobe hive). If you find anything, uninstall all products and use the AcroCleaner tool to clean the machine and reinstall.

One of those two methods should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, figured it out. Maybe this will help someone that has/had a similiar setup as mine and I haven't seen this answer thus far.

Initially, I had packaged using the Adobe Serialization and was using that for my customer purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Then I was provided a new "Enterprise" license. I completely uninstalled old and upon installing the new version package (with the granted offline exception) I was still prompted to sign-in upon launch.

Note: Even though I had repackaged and was granted an offline exception, I failed to remove the Adobe Serialization from the previous install package and the conflict was causing Adobe to Prompt Sign-in. Understandable. Once RemoveSerial.exe (Generated from Adobe Serialization) was run as an Admin, no more prompts to sign-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a difference here between activation and licensing.

As far as I'm concerned, an activation is a one time thing where you activate the license.

Once it is activated, you should not have to login anymore.

What you are saying is that you have to stay logged in to keep the software activated.

There is a big difference.  I don't want my users or me to be logged in to a software site constantly when it is not necessary.  If I have an Adobe Pro 2017 license, I paid hundreds of dollars for it, and I expect to be able to use it without being constantly logged in to who knows what.

This is not a web based application.  It is a local installation, therefore, there should be a local license and activation and that is it.

Nomenclature is the problem.

What most of us know as 'activation' is a one time thing, but what we are getting is a 'subscription'.

This is deceptive at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dulcey,

I don't see any place in this thread where "activation" vs "licensing" is brought up. You seem to have the concepts correct, and that's the way Adobe uses that terminology. There's more than one Acrobat product, two tracks, two licensing methodologies, and at least 4 licensing programs I know of. Moreover, subscription services are optional, but often used. People don't typically get a subscription unless that's what they want (or bought by mistake).

Whether or not a user is required to sign in depends on what was deployed, how it was deployed, and whether online services was purchased. The latter case works like Office 365 and Gmail: if you don't sign in the server doesn't know who you are and you can't use the product.

Given all that, do you have a question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get this resolved using the AdobeAcroCleaner tool.  I completely uninstalled Acrobat 2017 and made sure the software was not being pushed to the machine in question, ran the cleaner tool, rebooted, then reinstalled 2017 via SCCM and all is working.

Thanks for all of your help on this issue!

-Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to the Adobe website, paid for and downloaded Adobe Professional 2017.  I was given a license code.  I installed the program, entered the license code, and logged in to Activate the product.  Then I logged out and I can no longer use the product.  I  can only use the product when I am logged in.  This doesn't seem like a straightforward software purchase.  I was expecting to enter my license number, login to activate, and log out and use the program normally, so why isn't that happening?  What is the difference and why do I have to stay logged in to use the program if I don't want to?  I didn't pay for anything other than Adobe Professional 2017.  I didn't pay for 'online' use or a web app or a web related program, or at least I don't think so.  So where is the difference?  How can I use it without logging in?  And if I am logged in, which I was prior to going here, why would I need to login again in this forum if I'm already logged in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines