Enable the Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop app

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop app may display one of the following symptoms:

• The Apps tab is missing
  • The Apps tab displays the message: "You don't have access to manage apps."

If the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app on your computer is disabled, use one of the following methods to enable it:

• Some organizations control the apps you can install and therefore disable the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you've received your Adobe plan from a school or organization, contact the IT Admin at your school or organization.
  • If you have an individual subscription plan, follow the steps on this page under 'Individual Plan users'

If you're the IT Admin at a school or organization, your can either:

TOPICS
Enterprise , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Hello found a solution. its says missing apps tab but it still applies to the issues you're having. I followed and it solved mine. So happy.

Windows: What should I do if I don't see an Apps tab? - YouTube

Mac: Adobe Creative Cloud Apps tab missing - YouTube

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

To enable the Apps Tab, please sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App & then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.-

1.) Navigate to the following location. Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop folder. Open the file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS).

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt work at all and didnt solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly close all the creative cloud services and Adobe applications before making changes in the "serviceconfig.xml" file. You can restart the machine after enabling the apps panel in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CC account as a 'personal' subscription and a Teams account for our Captivate license.

The YouTube solution didn't work for me. After a bit more searching I followed this https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/apps-panel-reflect-creative-cloud.html and that has sorted it out for me. At least it has in CC, might just mess it all up again once I get back to some Captivate work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my catalina system problems! Saved my life!!!! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also ssaved my life! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution provided here did not help me. I am having Mac OS 10.14. Under the Apps tab I am seeing the error "You don't have access to manage apps." In the folder OOBE I have no Configs folder either. Is anyone knows the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the user library/application support/adobe, not system library/application support/adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rahult39019343.

Kindly go to this location to find the serviceconfig file on MAC: ~/library>>Application Support>>Adobe>>OOBE.

You can use the "Go to" option to navigate to the above location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the fix changing the xml file works.

additionally on 10.14 MacOS I had to grant full disk access to the adobe apps manager, and just in case Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP! It works for me. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: this is an explicit version of existing answers

Provided that you are on MacOS 10.14 with Adobe CreativeCloud 5.0.0.354, you can check the content of the file /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml.

It is likely that all options are set to False. If so, you can turn them on (! you may need to enter your password to edit* it): 

<config><panel><name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible></panel><feature><name>SelfServeInstalls</name><enabled>true</enabled></feature></config>

* you can type in the Terminal: sudo vim /Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ther I try to fix that on my Mac 10.14.4 but inside of the library folder I don't have Applications Support Folder, I try to find ServiceConfig.xml file but I can't fin it. I hope you can give me a clue. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I also have this problem and do not have the ServiceConfig.xml file which everything says is the link to solving this problem. Did you ever find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cfrediani-1-1-1,

Please follow this path.

You might be in ~/Library
Please use this path Go > Go to Folder > /Library>Application Support>Adobe>OOBE and clear its contents (MAC OS)."
Win - 

Locate folder "OOBE" in User directory>App Data>Local>Adobe and clear its contents(Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing out the contents worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to remove:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

Logout your Adobe ID in CreativeCloud and login your ID again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using mac 10.14.6 and i can't find serviceconfig.xml in OBEE. please let me know if you have any clue. it is only showing above options.Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 3.21.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Radhika,

Please follow this path.
You might be in ~/Library
Please use this path Go > Go to Folder > /Library>Application Support>Adobe>OOBE and clear its contents (MAC OS)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tksh for help me, its work buddy šŸ˜„  you save my time now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU!!!!! I've been dealing with this since July and now in November I finally have a solution!!!  I've gone through countless unintalls, cleaning, reinstalls, restart, turning off various security and firewall protections and NONE of them worked.  THIS solution worked immediately!  Please, I hope the Adobe puts it in their permanent solutions bin. 

Thanks Again!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This guide is perfect to aid in solving this exact problem

(I used it and worked for me, without issue)

https://soundmacguy.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/customising-the-creative-cloud-desktop-app-what-adobe-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I was getting the same stupid message and the instructions in the NCSU video worked perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To enable the Apps Tab, please sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App & then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.-

1.) Navigate to the following location. Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop folder. Open the file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS).

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to true.

4.) Save & Close the serviceconfig.xml file.

5.) Relocate the same file to the original folder & overwrite the original file with the new file.

Let me know if anyone of you is still facing the issue.

Cheers!

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video explains all also:

https://youtu.be/jr2jlngK4wU

This video explains how to manage your own applications wen you get the error message "You dont have access to manage apps" on your Mac computer. The path which you need to navigate to : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml Please like & Subscribe :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you so much for your vids it really helps me alot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines