• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I play a game that requires flash my computer shuts off..

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I am hoping I can get some answers. I am pretty Tech savvy and I've tried everything I can think of to fix this problem.

First I will give my system specs.

Mobo: Asus m4n68t-m V2
CPU: Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.0ghz
RAM: OCZ 1333mhz 6gb
Video: Galaxy - Geforce 8400GS
PSU: 500watt Diablotec

My problem occurs when I try to run any Adobe Flash based games or videos. I can get anywhere from 2 seconds to 20 minutes but it will ultimately shut my computer off, as if I had unplugged it. I get no error or warning before it happens and the only thing I can get from the "event viewer" in the administrative tools is a Critical error - Source: Kernel-Power, ID 41.

I have noticed that other people have had this problem but I have found no results as far as a remedy to the problem.

I have been monitoring my cpu temperatures and at idle I am running at about 40 degrees Celsius. The temperature does not go above 45 Degrees when I run a flash program, so I have ruled out the possibility of overheating. I have also done troubleshooting with my power supply to rule out the possibility of too much power consumption.

It seems to be a compatibility issue, but I don't know what with.

I have a seagate 1Tb drive that I use for backing up all my files.  I was told it may have been corrupted and to unhook it and do a fresh install of windows.  I did this morning.  After the installation was done, I downloaded flash player 10 and tried to log on to facebook and play fishville.  NO new drivers were installed and the computer shut off immediately when I tried to run "Fishville".

Its not the browser either.  I have tried it on IE8, IE9 beta, Google Chrome and Firefox.  Same result with every single browser and every single Flash based game or video.

My last resort is to take a hammer to the computer and send the parts back to Micro-Center where I bought them.. twice.  I thought maybe I had gotten a bad piece of hardware so I took all of it back and exchanged for new parts.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I have since gotten rid of the Asus Motherboard and the OCZ Memory.  I swapped them out for a Biostar motherboard with an Ati chipset and PNY DDR3 1333Mhz memroy.

I was quite confident that the motherboard was causing all of my problems, mainly due to the fact that i have another computer in my house that is running a quad-core intel core 2 duo with an intel chipset and I don't have this problem at all on my other system.

After I did the swap I made sure to install all of the latest drivers and after everything was complete I logged on to facebook and i was able to play Fishville with no problems.  BUT, as soon as I loaded Cafe' World my computer instantly shut off.

I have been monitoring my temperature with the pc probe that came with my motherboard and my core temps NEVER go above 48 degrees Celcius.

I know for a fact that this isn't a heating issue.  Something is not right and I wish someone here at adobe could try to point me in the right direction, take the time to look at what all I have tried and give me a creative point of view on this.

The only thing that is not new in this machine is the hard drive.. and I know that isn't the problem because I tried a new hard drive already and it didn't fix it.  So I took it back, as I didn't need it.  There has to be a compatability issue with adobe flash player and some component in my system somewhere.. Its making me crazy.

I have never come accross a problem on a computer that I couldn't fix and this is the first time I have ever had to ask for help and I don't feel like I am getting any help whatsoever from Adobe.

At least Microsoft stayed on the phone with me for 2+ hours and TRIED to help me resolve this issue... to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a difficult one; it's hard to imagine that Flash Player would be able to shut down a computer...

Anyway, what I would try (the only idea I have, since you have already updated all device drivers) is to disable Hardware Acceleration (from Flash Player Settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, that was one of the first things I tried.. and I have got to the point now where it actually plays most flash games and videos.. the one I am having the problems with at this point is Cafe' World on Facebook.  I know its stupid, but the computer is for a friend of mine who is disabled and he loves to play his games on facebook.  He is devastated by this and I really can't blame him.

I can play World of Warcraft on this machine for hours, I actually did earlier tonight with no problems at all.  I had the graphics cranked up and it ran like a charm.  I logged on to Facebook and played Fishville with no problems, Farmville with no problems and then I loaded Cafe' World and as soon as it was done loading "BAM" the computer shut off. 

I have checked my power supply with some stress testing sofware I got online, I tested my cpu, gpu, chipset, memory.. everything you can think of.  The hardware is FINE, without a doubt.  I am clueless as to what this could be.. as is Microsoft and every other computer tech that I know personally.

I have no idea at this point as to what else to do.  Formatting and reinstalling windows won't even fix it.  Goes back to the same old thing on a fresh install with no other programs installed.  Explain that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Just an opinion here, but that cafe world game and or it's applications are the problem. Either that or their servers can't handle the traffic. It wouldn't be the first time with the games on Facebook.

I would contact the gamesite and see if you can get a response that addresses your issue.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines