Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExtendScript Debugger for Visual Studio Code 1.0.1 Update

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

VSCode 1.33 came out this week, and caused some problems with the ExtendScript Debugger plugin. Just in time, we have released version 1.0.1 of the plugin.

• This is the stable Windows release
  • Other stability issues (cross-platform) have been addressed
  • Compatible with VSCode 1.33

Here are some more notes, quoted from the Adobe Tech Blog:

Changelog

New features:

• Added support for continuing execution after clearing a runtime error. By default, a “Clear Runtime Error” dialog will be shown. If you don’t want to see the dialog every time, you can set the default behavior using the clearRuntimeError launch configuration. Set true to always continue execution, false otherwise.
  • Now shows a “Save file” picker for Export to JSXBIN.

Fixes:

• Fixed issues when running in Visual Studio Code 1.33.0. For example, scripts in earlier versions may have run only once for certain configurations.
  • Fixed the case where ExtendScript Toolkit opened when $.writeln was used more than 500 times in a loop.
  • Fixed a race condition which sometimes left the extension in an inconsistent state.

Please continue to let us know about bugs and issues in this forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the Export as Binary function always returns to the root of the workspace. I export my .jsxbin files to a jsxbin folder next to the location of my jsx source. And this new dialog requires me to navigate each time I export as binary. The old ESTK would remember the export location after the first export as JSXBIN in a session. It also started from the location of the .jsx file. But ExtendScript Debugger starts at the workspace.

Workspace Folder

\-Project Folder

--\-Extension folder

----\-Startup Scripts

----\-resources

------\-jsx

------\-jsxbin

How can I easily export a binary of a .jsx file in my jsx folder to a jsxbin in my jsxbin folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use "Batch Export to JSXBIN" functionality mentioned here: ExtendScript Debugger - Visual Studio Marketplace

However it may not serve the exact use case you have mentioned but it can be used to export all your js(x) scripts as once. By specifying directory path, It will export all the js(x) files recursively in that directory to jsxbin.

May be you can write a shell/batch script as a wrapper over above to exactly serve your use case. E.g. First Use above to export all your js(x) files and then move all jsxbin files to a directory of your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I actually looked at that first. But it wouldn't install for me with the

npm install -g node@8.9.0

because of permission issues. Using sudo didn't help -- got different errors.

I'm really not much of a tech person so it took awhile to get the permissions added to both lib and bin.

You could list those steps for others.

I've found the script and will look to see what I can do to customize for my needs. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to transition to VSCode for editing Javascript for Adobe Illustrator. I find installing extentions confusing. Is there an official Adobe site that clearly explains this for end-users? I am also wondering why the "Adobe Tech Blog" will not allow me to login with my Adobe ID. Why should I need to use a different login? Is it not an official Adobe support site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When will auto-complete and object browsing be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines