Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2018 vs Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a bit confused. I know 32 bit is not supported with Catalina but my CC2018 applications (made with packager) seem 64 bit.

But when i try to install them on my Catalina Beta machine i can't...

Is CC2018 no longer supported on Catalina or do i need to repackage in some form?

Thanks,

Arjan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The press talks a lot about the 32 bit thing in Catalina. But MUCH MORE has changed in Catalina.

In particular, you can only install "notarized" apps that have been approved by Apple. Only new apps are going to be approved. So no old apps can be installed, and being 64 bit will make no difference. Certainly, you'll need the latest CC, probably with updates after Catalina is released. Don't be on the bleeding edge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no history in which old applications have been guaranteed to operate on new operating systems.
In Creative Cloud, only new applications have been announced to support new operating systems.
CC 2018 is a legacy application and will not officially support 10.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe's help page:

"Issue with CC 2018 and prior apps

Apple OS 10.15 Catalina supports 64-bit apps only. Since CC 2018 or prior apps contain 32-bit components, these apps will fail to launch on machines running 10.15."

Known issues with Creative Cloud packages on macOS 10.15 Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition, Adobe has now added the following regarding all versions of their creative apps prior to CC 2019:

"Caution:

These older releases will not work on Mac OS Catalina 10.15. 

If you need to revert your operating system to install apps, then follow Apple's instructions here."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines