• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse contact form doesn't create emails

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated my website and created a new contact form. After uploading it to my web host the form does not work, it doesn't report an error, doesn't go to the "Thank You" page after sending and it leaves the information in the form. First I contacted Adobe and they said to try it publishing the site on Business Catalyst, I did that and the form works. Adobe recommended checking with my web host. I contact them and they say it's something on the Muse side. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

This is a big misunderstanding!

The email to „recipient@example.com“ is not Muse’s „default address“. And it is not the address, to which the email is send, when somebody uses the form. It is an actually necessary test email, which Muse generates after uploading the site, in order to assure, that PHP configurations of your server are working as expected, before you mail form even will be used.

Lance Bushore, a former Muse engineer wrote:

"When you use the FTP upload feature from Muse to upload your

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check this document: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3581

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've read through that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gaw

Can you post an URL or provide some more details? How are we supposed to help, if you just tell us, that nothing works on your host but that it does on b-catalyst?

Regards,

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The website is: www.gaw2.com

When I log-in to my cpanel and look at the emails coming to my address all the ones from the website show the recipient as "recipient@example.com"  which is just a default address Muse uses. I have the "email to" field filled out with the correct addresses, but nothing is going to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a big misunderstanding!

The email to „recipient@example.com“ is not Muse’s „default address“. And it is not the address, to which the email is send, when somebody uses the form. It is an actually necessary test email, which Muse generates after uploading the site, in order to assure, that PHP configurations of your server are working as expected, before you mail form even will be used.

Lance Bushore, a former Muse engineer wrote:

"When you use the FTP upload feature from Muse to upload your site, and your site contains a form, Muse runs through a few checks to see if the PHP form code is likely to work on your webhost.

One of these checks includes try to send an email to recipient@example.com. example.com is a special domain widely used for testing, which most mail servers understand and ignore. It appears the mailserver on your webhost is treating this as a real domain, and sending you bounceback errors.

You can safely ignore these.

Muse only does this check when you use FTP upload, so after you've uploaded your site you may get a couple of bounceback messages, but after that you shouldn't get more."

From the fact, that there are only very few questions about this „recipient@example.com“ issue, you may see, that the very large majority of providers handle this procedure as expected. (Try to verify this (valid!) address and follow the link: example.com​ and/or open you email client and write an email to recipient@example.com. Normally, you won’t get a bounce back email. (The mail servers, I am using, don’t).

You may contact your provider to nail this issue, or alternatively try, to (test-wise) replace the assigned mail address to a different email provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines