Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't exit Enhanced Search

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

When I go into Enhanced Search in PSE 2018, the grid becomes dimmed. However, the Back button is disabled, so I can't get out of it. Is there another way to exit Enhanced Search?

Thanks,

Shane.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On my system, there is a Grid button to the left of the search box - that takes me back. Do you not have a button on the left?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Grid button is first. Clicking it takes you to the grid, which are the enhanced search results. Now there is a Back button, which doesn't work for me.

Shane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

The back button is active on mine - so I think I need to know more about your searching.

Do you start on the Media tab with all images displayed - in a grid view?

You then do an enhanced search - is it a complex one or a simple one?

PSE finds some images

When you hit Grid, the selected images are shown in a grid

The Back button is visible but not active - have you tried the Esc key?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

Just to add to my previous reply

Do you have a Clear button to the right of the search field?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I had this problem in version 15. I have downloaded all of the updates, but it shows that my version number is only 16.0.0.0, which is weird.

The Enhanced Search button is available in the last four views (Media, People, Places, Events). It doesn't matter which view is active when I enter Enhanced Search, the problem is the same.

I've done both simple and complex searches in Enhanced Search. Search itself isn't broken. The Clear button works. The escape key doesn't.

I can't think of what could be causing this.

Shane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

The version number is correct - it's the one after PSE 15 - for some reason Adobe have started naming their software with a year - in the case of PSE, the year after it was released.

The back button works ok on my system so, perhaps it is worth trying to reset the organizer preferences: -

In the organizer go to Edit -> Preferences -> General

Click on the button at the bottom to Restore default settings

If that doesn't work, it may be worth re-installing PSE

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little_Pale_Face  wrote

The version number is correct - it's the one after PSE 15 - for some reason Adobe have started naming their software with a year - in the case of PSE, the year after it was released.

What I find weird is that the version number doesn't increment after I install an update. It is still showing as 16.0.0.0. As a result, I don't know how to keep track of which updates have been installed, and I'm not sure if the problem was actually caused by an update.

Shane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The only update for PSE 2018 that I am aware of is the camera raw and that is a plug-in which has it's own version number.

In the editor, if you go to Help -> About Plug-in -> Camera Raw you should see version 10.2

The version of the organizer hasn't changed (yet)

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines