• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 too small to read

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way to be able to actually see and use Elements 15 on my new computer? Everything is way too tiny. I tried changing it to 200% under display preferences as instructed in another post, but then it's too big and nothing fits on the page. I also tried contacting support but they no longer support Elements 15 and wouldn't help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system are you running on?

What is the screen resolution set to? Is that the recommended one? - What size screen?

I have a laptop with a high definition 15.6" screen running windows 10. The scaling is set to 200% in the Windows settings and I can read it (just) with my failing eyesight.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop. I'm using Windows 10. Screen resolution is 1920 X 1080 and it is the recommended one. 14" screen. When i set the scaling to 200%, the image is way too big. At 100% it is way too small.  Elements is the only software that has this problem and it worked fine on my old computer but not on this new one. It's impossible to use the software the way it is.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colleen,

I think we may be talking about different scaling settings.

With a 1920 x 1080 display the UI Scale factor in the editor [Edit -> Preferences -> Display & Cursors] is probably best left at Auto - it does get a little large when set to 200%.

That setting was introduced because of the high resolution screens - laptop has a 15" screen and 3240 x 2160 resolution and needs the 200%.

There is another scaling factor in Windows 10 that you could try.

Go to Windows Settings -> System. With Display selected on the left, you should see a section Scale and Layout. Try setting the size of text etc. to say 125% see if that helps.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brian,

Thanks for trying to help. I tried changing the setting in windows you suggested and it doesn't change anything in Elements.

I've never had a problem with any version on any computer before (I think the first version I purchased was Elements 7). It's just frustrating.

Again, thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Colleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear:

Changing the settings of fonts in Windows only works for the organizer part.

But if you change the resolution of your display to something adequate for a 14" screen  (for instance 1440 x 900) you'll be as happy as older users with displays before the HiDpi ones, which are only useful for small devices (smartphones, small tablets). You'll read all menus easily and you'll zoom in an out naturally on your images up to 100% pixel view and more.

Why?

High resolution devices are apt to 'squeeze' all the menus and tool bars with very clean fonts. Unfortunately, those clean fonts will only be visible with a magnifier. The optical limitation is in the physical size (14")... and your own viewing ability.

So, the menu layout and the interface which is adequate for ergonomic and professional use in photo editing (24, 27" or more) is not good for small laptops, tablets or smartphones. You know that the 'apps' on those small displays must have simplified interfaces. For photo editing, you'll have no problem with a standard 14" display.

Unfortunately, you are in the worst case for resolution for the editor: 100¨% has too small fonts, 200% is too big to show all the interface (tool bar).

Bottom line: set your screen resolution to something adequate for the interface or use a comfortable external display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines