• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PS CC no longer recognizes RAW Sony files???

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to edit a .ARW Sony Raw file in Photoshop CC and I got the message that PS could not open it because it did not recognize the file.

I have been editing these files for a very long time without issue. My RAW plug-in is up-to-date so I naturally figured that something had gone south with PS itself. I see that as of Nov. 4, 2019 - today! - there is an update to Photoshop. I uninstalled my Photoshop CC and went to install it, but it is no longer anywhere on the Adobe site for download. The only offering is the new PS version, which is not compatible with my OSX El Capitan v10.11.6. So what can I do now? Any ideas? It's late. I'm tire. So perhaps I'm missing something obvious here, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you stiil have the Creative Cloud Destop Application installed?

/Applications/Adobe Creative Cloud/Adobe Creative Cloud

If so, you should be able install photoshop cc 2018 with that.

You can also get photoshop cc 2018 from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Stupidly I did the uninstall thinking I would just re-install it without issue. But it is no longer showing in my list of apps. Only the new verion of PS is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link you shared did the trick Jeff. Thank you. I ended up having to re-install the RAW plug-in which may have been the problem from the start. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe i know what happened as i also have a mac running 10.11 El Capitan.

The Creative Cloud Desktop Application shows Camera Raw has an update, however that update is Camera Raw 12.0 which doesn't work on El Capitan and thus gives the error messages you recieved.

The same thing happened when camera raw 8.4 came out and wasn't compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines