Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't run any Adobe CC Apps on new Mac Pro

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to install the Adobe CC applications (Namely Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator) on my new system running Catalina out of the box. 

I am unable to run any of these programs. They install fine as normal through the cloud, however crash immediately on start up. There must be a workaround but I dont see anything about it. 

Is anyone else on Catalina experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of CC applications are you trying to install? You might try this link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/A-letter-to-our-Photoshop-Community/td-p/10662297 and also try resetting preferences.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the most up to date. I'm not sure which actual version as I'm not home with the Mac Pro. I'll check later tonight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the Adobe CC app? If so, are you signed in? If not, do so and then try opening a program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course I'm signed in, and CC opens perfectly fine. All Adobe apps open and crash immediately. I read that these apps are not yet updated for Catalina and still have 32bit pieces. Is this true? Would I have to wait for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below for known issues with Photoshop on the Catalina OS
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see this already - I am running at least that version with no luck. Keeps crashing. Will try a reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines