• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing a script from Photoshop CS2

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a third party program that runs a series of scripts in Photoshop CS2. The developer of the program is no longer around and I am hoping to update the script to run on Photoshop CC. 

From the 3rd party program, I set up all the details and click run. It then switches focus to Photoshop and runs a series of scripts that eventually generates a composite tiff.

How can I see what the steps are so that I can make changes so the script will run in the latest version of Photoshop? Currently, I have to run a virtual box with CS2 in it to get the output.

Is there any way to set up debugging in Photoshop? What can be done? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest thing to do is open the scripts into a plain text editor, at the basic level using Note Pad. I prefer more capable plain text editors that offer syntax highlighting and regex – such as Note Pad++, Crimson Editor, EditPad Lite etc on Windows. There are similar plain text editor options for the Mac (I like BBEdit).

If you run a "broken" script Photoshop will error out with a message and line number stating what the problem is.

If you wish to use an IDE with a debugger, then the old Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit is one option, or the new Adobe ExtendScript Debugger extension for MS Visual Studio Code (not Visual Studio) would be the common choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines