Every minute or so the brush stops working and only makes short straight strokes

Hi,

With my new Dell xps I have a problem in photoshop. Whenever I draw with my wacom tablet there is some lag every minute or so. Instead of smooth lines the brush can only make really short straight lines. The problem dissapears when I click outside of photoshop and then go back to photoshop.

I have turned off windows ink and I'm using the code:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

All drivers are up to date as well as photoshop. I also tried it with a previous update of photoshop.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Topics

Performance, Problem or error, Windows
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Every minute or so the brush stops working and only makes short straight strokes

Hi,

With my new Dell xps I have a problem in photoshop. Whenever I draw with my wacom tablet there is some lag every minute or so. Instead of smooth lines the brush can only make really short straight lines. The problem dissapears when I click outside of photoshop and then go back to photoshop.

I have turned off windows ink and I'm using the code:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

All drivers are up to date as well as photoshop. I also tried it with a previous update of photoshop.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Topics

Performance, Problem or error, Windows
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
6 Replies

Re: Every minute or so the brush stops working and only makes short straight strokes

Adobe Community Professional, Sep 25, 2019

Hi

A lot of people seem to have issues with brush lag on the Dell XPS with Windows 10 1903

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/Brush-strokes-getting-cut-off-at-the-end-but-then-reappeari...

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thank you, but I already knew that particular issue and s...

Thank you, but I already knew that particular issue and solved it by going back to the previous windows 10 version. This problem is different and doesn't happen on every stroke I draw.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Re: Every minute or so the brush stops working and only makes short straight strokes

Try resetting the brush tool

clipboard_image_0.png

If that doesn't help try resetting PS preferences, you may want to backup your settings first

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

clipboard_image_1.png

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I don't think this will help. I tested the tablet on two...

I don't think this will help. I tested the tablet on two different laptops and with both I get the same issue.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

This is a Wacom issue and has nothing to do with Dell. I see it on two Windows machines, an HP and a Lenovo, with different Windows versions (10 and 7) and different Wacom tablets/drivers. I have never had it happen on any Mac though.

I tried getting help from Wacom and they were clueless. It looks like a memory problem, I have to switch to a different app and back sometimes to fix it.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

That's annoying, I'm going to ask it on the wacom forums...

That's annoying, I'm going to ask it on the wacom forums as well then.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines