• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting/Resolution Loss in Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating graphics in photo shop with multiple elements, however when I export them as PNG, JPG, or BMP they become very blurry, same with Illustrator. For instance, these sizes: 256x128, 768x128, 960x540. 512 x 112 turn out to be blurry with resolution set at 72. Any advice or tips so these can be exported more clear?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As the images are getting blurred, I would suggest keeping the resolution at 300. Also, make sure that you're exporting with the files with highest quality setting.

Does it happen when you use File > Save As method?
Also, what version of Photoshop are woking on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. I just had a 480x288 graphic created at 72 resolution and changed it to 300 via image size but it doesn't seem that anything changed when I exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind the resolution number, it's a print parameter that doesn't apply on screen. That's why Export strips the resolution metadata altogether. The exported file has no resolution, not 72, not 300. It only has a number of pixels.

Blurry is not a very descriptive or precise term. Can you post screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

480X288.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks fine to me. Might be because the screen shots are reduced in size.  Tip: to judge the quality of an image view it always at 100%. Never zoom in just because it is small or to check detail. Never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines