Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help saving lots of images with an overlay

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help... I've got a bunch of single images and I want them all to have an overlay. At the moment I've got all the individual images in a group folder, and the overlay as a single separate layer above the group, everything fits fine, all the images aside from the overlay are the same size & the overlay is slightly larger.

Is there a way to automatically save all the single images with the same overlay, as there are around 100 single images that all need the same overlay?

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

That is exactly what the Layer Saver Plus script is designed to do... Just select all layers, run the script, check the overlay layer and set the other options and your good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like this would be good to record and action, then use Automate Batch under the File Menu. Here is an article that may help regarding batch saving of overlays.

https://turbofuture.com/graphic-design-video/Photoshop-Batch-Image-Overlay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying batching, but they come out different to the way I record the batch, will look more into it though, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the help files for Variables and Data sets. That might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm:

• You have a single, layered PSD file
  • There is an overlay image layer at the very top
  • Underneath the overlay layer, is a layer set folder, inside the layer set folder are 100 images

You wish to save out a combined file (what file format and options???) – always using the upper layer and cycling through visibility one layer at a time from the layer set folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image shows my setup - I want to loop through all the individual images under Group 1 - and save them out to PNG with the overlay on all of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what the Layer Saver Plus script is designed to do... Just select all layers, run the script, check the overlay layer and set the other options and your good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! got it to work and has done just what i needed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Riggott's Layer Saver Plus script will allow a common layer to be checked, then all unchecked layers will be combined with the common layer. Just select all layers before running the script. Thank you Paul!

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/master/Layer%20Saver%20Plus.jsx

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Is there an updated version of this script/another option that works with CC2022? Trying to do the exact same thing but the Layer Saver Plus script has an error in line 1 of the code when I run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nathangorey
Trying to do the exact same thing but the Layer Saver Plus script has an error in line 1 of the code when I run it.

You need to post a screenshot or otherwise provide more details on the exact message.

For example, does the error mention rtf ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen, thanks for the reply. Error message below + screenshot:

Error 8: Syntax error.

Line: 1
-> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf2580

error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nathangorey 

Yes, it was RFT as I expected from a line 1 error... with RTF you need to RTFM 🙂

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

If using Apple TextEdit, ensure that the Format menu is set to Plain Text mode, not Rich Text mode.

It's a common mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know! This is my first time needing a script action for a project on I'm working on, will keep that in mind moving forward. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, just tried the alternate script you posted below and that one works for me perfectly. Sorted! Thanks for responding and providing another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updating the topic with a different, but similar script:

https://github.com/mechanicious/photoshopCompositionComposer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines