• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import .heic image to PS

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import a few .heic photos shot on my iPhone to PS. but it seems the program can't do that. I was recommended converting those images to JPG. is that correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The answer depends on whether you are on a Mac or Windows, and on which version of Photoshop /Camera Raw /Lightroom you are using.

See the attached link for details:

HEIC and HEVC media files support in Lightroom and Camera Raw

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ciao, grazie della tua risposta, ma pare che PS non abbia possibilità di importare files .heic, almeno in windows 10. Io ho l'abbonamento aggiornato, ma anche andando su Modifica -> Preferenze -> Camera Raw (versione 13.0.2.644) -> Gestione files, non è presente il formato .heic, solo jpeg e tiff.

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe current versions of Photoshop can do this on the Mac. Are you running an old version of Photoshop, or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Test+Screen+Name  wrote

I believe current versions of Photoshop can do this on the Mac. Are you running an old version of Photoshop, or Windows?

Running Photoshop CC 2014 on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Photoshop CC2014 when CC2018 is available as part of your subscription along with Lightroom if you have the photography package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah , you need to do this on Windows 10 , because you can only view JPG image on Windows 10 , not Heic image.

This is a converter software that can be used to convert HEIC image to JPG : Best Free HEIC to JPG Converter Online | Convert HEIC to JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if you can do this because you are in Windows 10, but you need to get up to date with your Creative Cloud apps (which is included in your subscription). Please see the link posted by Dave, it's better news than I originally thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines