• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Catalina 32bit Question

Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did a clean install of macOS Mojave in August then installed Photoshop CC 2019, DNG Converter, Acrobat and Flash. Today, I ran a System Report and I have several Adobe applications that are 32 bit. Why is that? Will that be an issue when I install MacOS Catalina which does not support 32 bit apps.screenshot.jpgscreenshot-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 has not been tested on MAC Catalina, so install it at your own peril, people who have upgraded to the new MAC OS are experiencing issues with most Adobe apps

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/wont-work-catalina-3698142/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will most likely be a Photoshop 2020 for Catalina, just as 2019 came out for Mojave.

Expect initial problems, and don't update anything until the dust settles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. Adobe has known for years that 32 bit apps will not work with Catalina. As I said I did a Clean Mojave install in August and then installed Photoshop CC 2019, DNG Converter, Acrobat and Flash Player. Why is Adobe still shipping 32 bit apps when they know categorically that they will not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe still shipping 32 bit apps when they know categorically that they will not work?

We're all aware of the equation and what's at stake - including Adobe.

It's a matter of being patient and not being an instant adopter of Catalina.

Adobe is unlikely to finalise their 64 bit components until they've got a final Gold release of Catalina. Anything released earlier may break given that Apple tinkers with its code until the last second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's to be confused about? It's a job that needs to be done, and they are doing it as we speak. It takes a certain amount of time. It's a little more than a snap of the fingers.

It'll be there when it's needed, stop worrying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MUCH more is changed in Catalina than 32 vs 64 bit. That's just the only bit journalists understand. Don't expect ANY app to work. Wait for news, or join the queue of people who jump on the first day and find themselves in very hot water... we always hear from lots of them for each new Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a web page listing the 64-bit status of its macOS applications:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Some of the components you listed might be from older versions than the one on that list. For example, Adobe hasn't sold Flash for a while now. The only application listed in the Creative Cloud desktop app is Flash Builder.

For current Creative Cloud applications, the installer, updater, and licensing components are rolled into the Creative Cloud desktop app. They generally no longer use the components shown as not 64-bit in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I did some research and yes all these 32bit apps are Flash related. I just uninstalled Flash and the Adobe Application Manager Folder and BINGO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines