• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0) Wacom pressure not working

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom pressure sensitivity does not work with the new version of Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0).
I've tried restarting PC, reinstalling Wacom drivers, installing latest Windows 10 updates, playing with various PS settings - nothing seems to work.
I have Wacom Cintiq 27QHD.
Previous Photoshop version still works as expected (with pressure ect.) But the new CC 2019 does not recognize the pressure (or tilt) of the stylus.

Any ideas, aside from waiting for driver/PS update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Hi

Create a text file called "PSUserCong.txt , add the text below and drop it into your "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings" folder, restart photoshop and you'll have the pressure sensitivity back. I already had the file in my previous install, so just copied it across.

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Create a text file called "PSUserCong.txt , add the text below and drop it into your "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings" folder, restart photoshop and you'll have the pressure sensitivity back. I already had the file in my previous install, so just copied it across.

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be different text file name: "PSUserConfig.txt" not "PSUserCong.txt like you wrote;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I double checked that post too, still didn't spot my error before posting 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, and the txt file situation didn't work for me. it still doesn't register pen pressure :0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that solution doesn't work at all. I really don't understand why people are suggesting it since it obviously is no longer a viable fix. Instead it would be pretty awesome if either Adobe or Wacom gave some actual support for their over-priced products. But I guess you have monopoly on something you really don't have to try to improve anything, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still works fine, I've been using it for years, and always keep photoshop updated, it never failed, I do use pressure sensitivity every day while working and as said, it works flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

This helped and solved the issue!

Also thanks to annak88620070 and RazerKutz for additional tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Works like a charm. Now I only have to remember it for the next update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh oh... I've been doing this fix for like 5 years now, each time PS updates. But after a reinstall this last week, it's not working anymore   

what do I do?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same thing happened to me -- I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Wacom Driver and then it seemed to work fine after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to add any files to the photoshop folder at all, it doesn't let me do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed in just to like your answer. BIG THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks! i was so desperate this fixed it for me too! maybe it has not worked for others because they missed something like i did on several tries! i will explain with a bit more detail:

Step1 : create a text file called PSUserConfig.txt (caps are important)

Step2: Inside the text file  copy and paste this text and save it:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Step3: copy the saved file this location on your computer

C:\Users\(your pc name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

open or restart your photoshop if you did this right your wacom tablet should be working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Intuos BT M table and the PSUserConfig.txt 'trick' does not work for me on Photoshop 2021 on Windows 10 -- I can't seem to be able to vary the brush size with pressure. Perhaps my pen is broken? But it looks like it's working when I fire the Wacom Control Panel :

Wacom Inutos BT M.png

As of November 21 2020, this is what I have :

Panel.pngDiag.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me in 2023... In Adobe Photoshop 2024... Why is this still required, what is going on here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please check following video hope it helps you....Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for windows in:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for that. Seems every time they update Photoshop they always boot out the old txt file and you have to find the new Settings folder and drop it back in. And every time I always forget which confict it is, whether it's Windows Ink, Wacom, or Adobe who is being the fly in the ointment. It's like when you go out with three mutual friends, none of which really get on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you all for your precious help. It solved my problem with pressure not working in Photoshop.

I would like to know if someone can explain what the "UseSystemStylus 0" instruction does and why so many users need to do this. Why doesn't the pressure simply work as with any other software ?

Not complaining or bashing, just curious and want to understand what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe what it is is that there are three separate pressure sensitivity APIs at work -- that of Microsoft, Wacom, and Adobe, and apparently there's a clash when all three are at play at once. What the PSUserCong.txt file does is slightly rewrite one of them so that there's no clash. I'm no expert, but that's basically what it is in a nutshell -- I'm sure someone will give a much more detailed and succinct explanation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you andybcl. That clears things up a little !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.

Thank you  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This fix for some reason is not working for me... When I do it Photoshop just doesn't recognize the tablet anymore, and the cursor does not move if I am using the tablet with photoshop at all.

Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the settings folder on a mac. anyone can help with this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines