Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 Lag

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use PS CC 2019. The brush lags when I try to use it. That's it! Thanks!

Austin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS/version? On macOS? Make sure you have the 20.0.2 update installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I called Adobe and we were able to get it to stop lagging. I'm posting here the steps for others who have the same issue, since I saw lots of other people had the same issue when I was looking at Google and no one could resolve it: Here's for the rest of the lost souls!

Open Photoshop Preferences>Performance and change "Let Photoshop Use" to 80%, then click "Advanced Settings" button and make sure OpenCL is checked, then make sure History States is down to 25 (I think mine was at 50) .

Now, exit out of Photoshop Preferences and click Preferences>Camera Raw, and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor."

That might be enough for you. We also did the following, so I'm not sure if it was necessary. I have a Mac. If an Adobe staff could also post the instructions to do the same for Windows, that would probably be useful:

Click the apple to go to System Preferences, then Security and Privacy. Click the lock to allow you to make changes. Click the "+" and navigate to the Adobe Photoshop app in your system to add it.

Then navigate to the app using Finder (for Mac) and right-click on it (two-finger-click), click Get Info, then at the bottom under Sharing and Permissions click the lock so you can make changes, click the "+", and add Administrators. If it still doesn't work, try changing the permissions to Read & Write for everyone.

Let me know if this works for you; it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines