• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 "jumps" when moving around with touchpad

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have issue with Photoshop CC 2019. When im moving around with touchpad view kind of jumps. Im working on MacBook Pro 15" 2018 Mojave 10.14.5 and Photoshop CC 2019 20.0.4. I tried to reinstall whole Adobe Cloud, but it didn't work out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make this right.

As the canvas moves when you use the touch-pad, could you please let us know if a tablet is connected to the MacBook?

If yes, then try unplugging it and see how it goes.

Also, could you try using a mouse and see if the issue persist?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using only touchpad. I tried with mouse, but I have basic usb Logitech so movement of cursor is not similar to Apple's Magic Mouse or touchpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this happening to me also but I have a touch screen... try disabling flick panning in the preferences as this resolved my issue... hopefully it helps others if this is a matching issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me before, but it turns out my processor wasn't configured correctly in my Photoshop Preferences. One possible thing to try is to go to PREFERENCES > PERFORMANCE > ADVANCED SETTINGS under the GRAPHICS PROCESSOR SETTINGS and switch the DRAWING MODE. If it is not on BASIC, try another mode like NORMAL or ADVANCED. If it is on NORMAL or ADVANCED, switch it to BASIC. You can also disable the GPU acceleration outside of the ADVANCED section (but GPU Acceleration usually allows for the "smoothness" we love when navigating Photoshop). If any of this helps, there can be issues in the way Photoshop is working with your video card. This could mean that:

• Video Cards needs to updated
  • A video card update is corrupt (need to reinstall updates)
  • You may need to roll back your video card to an earlier version
  • Reinstall Photoshop *You've tried this already (There could be some wrong in the way Photoshop is interfacing with your video card)
  • Reinstall Photoshop Thoroughly Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​

There can be other issues like the distribution of RAM between your OS and Photoshop (also maintained under PREFERENCES > PERFORMANCE). An underpowered computer can be the issue as well. What are the specs of your computer? Yet another thing that can cause this is "conflicting" software caused by codecs and installs from other devices like Pen and Tablets, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video card is updated. I did whole system reinstall and still I have this issue. I don't know how to roll back video card to an earlier version on Mac. I'm using MacBook Pro 15" 2018, specs are: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 555X 4GB, 256 GB SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines