• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC2019 Keeps crashing when I try to print

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud subscription and have regularly updated the program. I have today, updated, then uninstalled and reinstalled the program and have reset the preferences as suggested in another post. I am unsure what else to do. My print dialogue opens, but the program crashes when I click print.  I have also sent the crash reports to Adobe. Do you have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just update to Catalina?

If yes, read the 1st reply in https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/FIle-name-saving-issues-with-Apple-OS-Catalina/td-p/10659...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new document, paint a couple of strokes and print, does it work?

If you hold down the Space Bar when you select File > Print... does it still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, creating a new document prints without crashing? Or yep, to holding down the spacebar when selecting print still crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the crash report with one of the engineers. The printer driver is definitely the thing crashing and bringing down Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeffrey, yes, it still crashes. I was printing fine a few days ago, then PS updated and I started having problems. I am able to print from other programs, and on my other laptop I have PS CC2018 printing without a problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, it crashes in both cases: 1) printing a brand new document that's never saved, 2) printing a document that has been printed before and saved.

Check the driver version on the laptop and compare it. In cases like this, reverting back to a prior 'good' driver has fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I will try again first thing in the morning and revert back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jeffrey, I have an HP m452nw and an Epson L1300 printers, if I try to print on both, PS crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for both printers now, and the program is sill crashing when I hit the print command from the Print Dialogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I'm running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines