Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop js similar to droplet

Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy morning everyone...

I need to use the droplet functionality with my photoshop javascript... plz advice 

current scenario is,

• I have some image resize js codes(picture_resize.jsx) which process the files and saves them in a static location in my desktop "../desktop/processed_files"
  • Image that are to be processed are in the following location,  ../users/desktop/pics

Now all the files I process from different folders will go to the same folder and that is - "../desktop/processed_files" 

So I need a block of code that,

1. prompt for a source_folder_location 
  2. Process and save the files in ""source_folder_location + "/" + processed_files""
  3. Move the original files in ""source_folder_location + "/" + Original_files""

Finally, the source folder will have only two folders, one with the original files and another with the processed files

Thanks in advance...🙂

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably help to post your existing script code. Please use the </> insert code button.

Do you really mean droplet (file>automate>create droplet)? Are you currently using a script with a droplet?

A droplet is meant to batch input files that are dragged onto the droplet icon, so why would it then need to prompt for files using script code run by the droplet? It does not make sense to me... Or do you mean that you currently use a droplet, however now you need to move beyond droplets into scripts?

What file format should the source files be saved in? The same as input or something else? What if the input file was a JPEG?

And finally, can you script and are looking for some help in key areas – or do have no knowledge of scripting and need the script built from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply sir...

I am a beginner and I am trying to learn from scratch...

So used script listeners to get the code... and started with a simple task of resizing the canvas size and saving it, below is the screenshot of what I did...

1.png

Although it can be done with action itself,  as a kickstart for learning I have inserted the script listeners canvas size code into the action...

Then I converted this into a droplet and used it...

Finally, what I tried to create is a .jsx file that does the below mentioned points when either files are dropped onto it or by prompting for a source_folder_location..

1. Canvas size 1000px X 1000px 
  2. Save as Tiff in separate folder inside of the source folder.
  3. Source files will be jpeg..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script can use a prompt for things like a output folder. The script will be interactive like a dialog up front for and output batch or interactive for each file save that is saved. A ScriptUI Dialog or folder select dialog could be used instead of a prompt.  None of these will be generated via Scriptlistener Plug-in. You need to learn some scripting and write the code required for these.  There are many Script you can download from the web that doe these things. Download scripts and read their code most are not save in binary you can read the code.

Use Google to search this site search can not be used the search for script code posted in these forums.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir...

Sorry for trouble...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

U tried to help me but I didn't have clarity in ps scripting... thanks for the help... will learn something and get back soon....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines