• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded camera raw, now can't use photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro running El Capitan. Photoshop v. 19.1.9 Today Adobe "told me" to upgrade Camera Raw, so I clicked upgrade. Now Photoshop will not open any image files - not jpgs, not tiffs. Dialogue box says 'Could not complete your request because file not found".

When I tried to open a Raw file, dialogue box says 'Camera Raw cannot complete your request because file not found'.

DISASTER!

Any help out there please?

Also, I want to upgrade laptop to Sierra but can't seem to upgrade to any version beyond what I'm on (10.11.6). Laptop 2015. Not exactly ancient. ....

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. When I try to open from the Apps section it shows Camera Raw as up to date but it wont let me open it. Help.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same. I tried that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue and I'm running Sierra (10.12.6) and Photoshop 20.0.7. I cannot open any jpg/tiffs but can open pngs. Tried to reinstall Photoshop which didn't work, and cannot seem to uninstall the latest update of Camera Raw which I'm sure would fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can downgrade to camera raw 10.5 with the installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, unfortunatley that didn't remedy it as there's a version of Camera Raw on my hard drive already. Do you have any other suggestions?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility if you have a backup on another HDD/SSD of your System. Copy/paste the Camera Raw.plugin file from the backup to your disk system: HDD/SSD→Library→Application Support→Adobe→Plug-Ins→CC→File Formats→Camera Raw.plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

better you install the lastest compatible version 11.4.1 for os x 10.12.
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/mac/11.x/CameraRaw_11_4_1_mac.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note, a 2015 MBP can run any current version of macOS including Mojave and Catalina. Downloads are in the Mac App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today i get the info about the update to 12.0.1.

it seems to be for me, that adobe are only interested to fix the bugs in cantalina and not in old os.
please stop the wrong update
notes in adobe cloud. for  photoshop 21 I get not upgrade information on osx 10.12. Only on my win10 pc. so it‘s a easy way to stop the wrong update notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 12.0.1 update is to specifically address getting the camera update on unsupported macs such as El Capitan and Sierra.

It doesn't install camera raw 12 on those machines, but rather it installs camera raw 11.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

interessting information, but how could a user unterstand this Troubleshooting?
you installed 12.0. than you find in world wide web the information that 12. isn‘t compatible anymore.
and ktoday you get a note for 12.0.1 which is only install 11.4.1 for not supported os.
please edit the release notes in adobe cloud.

edit: yeah it works on os 10.12.6. camera raw 12.0.1 install 11.4.1.
but the german release notes dont‘t tell this important note!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines