• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Photoshop work on MacOS Catalina?

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping Adobe is prepared ... in 2-4 weeks, Catalina will be coming out, and I'm wondering if Photoshop will work.  Why would I upgrade?  I'm not ... I'm getting a new Mac, so it will already be installed.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Hi Greg, 

To add to what Brad said, Photoshop CC is currently being tested with the Beta version of mac OS Catalina and we are working to ensure that the application is ready for the new OS when it is released to the public.

We currently do not have any information on the issues that might come up with the application once the mac OS version is made public.

Regards

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should  have no issues. Photoshop has been fully compatible with every other MacOS update so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would not say fully compatible, the liquify issue especially has been annoying, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started the Catalina install and got a message that PSCC would NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Elements 15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Excuse me, there are tons of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, 

To add to what Brad said, Photoshop CC is currently being tested with the Beta version of mac OS Catalina and we are working to ensure that the application is ready for the new OS when it is released to the public.

We currently do not have any information on the issues that might come up with the application once the mac OS version is made public.

Regards

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic News ... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not take these replies as advice "upgrade quickly to Catalina: everything will be fine". Every macOS has a queue of people who did that and are surprised and angry to be told they should have waited. So, yes, Adobe will work on compatibility. No, nobody can promise it on day 1. Apple are changing the system constantly, and nobody gets to see updates earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even though I got a message that PSCC would not work after the Catalina upgrade, PSCC will work???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all sorry but I have an issue with new os Catalina when I try to save my file with new format from Raw to jpeg! File remain on .tif type!! What I can do?? thanks for your kind reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to MacOS Catalina yesterday and I cannot get my Photoshop CS or Adobe Pro to open. I cannot even get to a point where I can download an upgrade/solution. I get the message below. for both Apps.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded a couple days ago. None of my Adobe CC apps will load. No idea how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to Catalina last night. Photoshop CC 2018 still works fine, but now Photoshop 2019 has appeared in my applications, and when I try to open it I get a "free trial or buy" ultimatum. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing out and back into the CC desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Jeffrey,  Did you know if now it's ok for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 on Catalina.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help > System Info... and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just did an update this morning and now it's all working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work again ? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine worked for one day and now nothing loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having major issues, I've wiped my system and reinstalled everything as if it was a new computer and I'm still having issues and it's driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about at that point. I want to revert and get rid of catalina. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did that. After going to apple twice and realizing it was adobe and not them (especially since I just bought a new iMac for editing) I had apple re-install Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines