• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1-year license code suddenly canceled by Adobe after 3 weeks without giving any reason

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a 1 year license for Adobe creative cloud Photography directly from amazon (not a marketplace retailer) in May and redeemed it successfully. However, after three weeks the subscription was suddenly cancelled by Adobe and reset to a free subscription. I was informed by mail without any explanation why they did that. Of course, another attempt to redeem the code failed with the message "code has already been redeemed". Adobe support said the code was not in their database and therefore invalid. This is nonsense, since I was able to redeem the code successfully originally and the subscription ran for three weeks. I don't know what I can do now, since it's hard to prove to amazon that I couldn't redeem the code - which I was able to do originally. I do not understand why it should not have suddenly become invalid.
Has anyone already experienced something similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

That was not sold by Amazon.

It was sold by an amazon seller:

Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon Media EU Sarl. Für weitere Informationen, Impressum, AGB und Widerrufsrecht klicken Sie bitte auf den Verkäufernamen.

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon Media EU Sarl . For further information, imprint, terms and conditions and right of withdrawal, please click on the seller name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

After contacting Adobe support again, I received a new code directly from Adobe. Everything is fine, now I am satisfied with the support. So much for the accusation by some here that it was my own fault....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help understand this a little better, can you tell us what Amazon sold this for (the price and currency)?

The point you raise is very important, we know Amazon Marketplace is a den of thieves, but we need to be able to trust Amazon themselves...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought directly from amazon.de of course. I am well aware of issues with buying from third-party vendors. The software appears in my "digital product puchases" list in my amazon acount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, can't edit posts? The purchase is the one on the top of the list from may 16th. amazon is regularly selling the photography products at a discount price (e.g. around black friday etc.). I make sure to buy software only from authorized resellers. Of course, it would also be helpful if adobe would tell me what is wrong with the key.
I've already contacted amazon, of course, and they say the key is directly from Adobe and must be valid. So now I am sitting between two chairs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem, but if you have a case number from Adobe support, and a transcript of the chat with tech support, then you should be able to send that the Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you bought directly from amazon.com services, you probably don't qualify for the license you purchased.

there are several ways that can occur.  eg, you may have purchased education license and not qualify, you may have purchased a first year offer license and already had a previous license etc.

but i looked at your screenshot and it showed you were buying the photography plan for win 8 and 7?  there's no current subscription compatible with win 7 or win 8.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know anything about your specific situation but i can tell you that it's not unusual for adobe to flag fradulent licenses even years after they've been successfully used.

contact the amazon retailer.  if they're reputable they'll send you another license.  if they're scammers report them to amazon (and adobe, Adobe Genuine Software - Report Counterfeit or Non-Genuine Software: 1 (allegiancetech.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought directly from amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but i looked at your screenshot and it showed you were buying the photography plan for win 8 and 7?  there's no current subscription compatible with win 7 or win 8

As kglad has posted, there is something wrong about this.

You appear to have found an invalid license on Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's still there: https://www.amazon.de/Adobe-Creative-Cloud-Foto-Abo-20GB/dp/B00M8MOH98

(Tip to buyers: until this is settled, avoid this link!) I'd say it's a question of the description not being updated yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not sold by Amazon.

It was sold by an amazon seller:

Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon Media EU Sarl. Für weitere Informationen, Impressum, AGB und Widerrufsrecht klicken Sie bitte auf den Verkäufernamen.

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon Media EU Sarl . For further information, imprint, terms and conditions and right of withdrawal, please click on the seller name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is BS. This IS Amazon Europe. Seat is Luxemburg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I have to clear up things a bit:

Amazon EU is the European Amazon company. It has various subsidiaries which are 100% amazon daughter companies.

The designation "for Windows7 etc." is due to amazons handling of product catalog, as this product has been in amazons catalog since 2014. 

Amazonis an official seller of Adobe products - there is even an "Adobe store" on amazon. Brand stores on amazon allow brands to design their ownbranded storefronts on amazon where customers where they can present their product selection. 

https://www.amazon.de/stores/Adobe/page/71790252-64B7-4911-B1B0-73293F036A5F?ref_=ast_bln

Thanks for the replies, but I had wished for more than uninformed accusations and insinuations. The question is not "solved" at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, contact the vendor (if you qualified for the subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've been fleeced by a 3rd party seller.  Chalk it up to experience.  Next time, buy direct from Adobe so you don't have these problems. 😉

A one year Photograhpy Plan costs approx USD $10 per month x 12 months. 

-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful at all. This is an amazon Europe subsidiary with seat in Luxemburg (for tax evasion reasons actually).

The screenshot I provided is from my amazon accounts software overview. Purchases from marketplace vendors do not show up there. And honestly I do not trust Adobe with my credit card data, given the huge leaks in 2013 and 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After contacting Adobe support again, I received a new code directly from Adobe. Everything is fine, now I am satisfied with the support. So much for the accusation by some here that it was my own fault....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines