• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A little bait and switch on student renewal pricing

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been a Creative Cloud Student customer for just over two years now. Until a few days ago, the price on my account on your website for my upcoming one year renewal was $179.45 per year. (I’ve enclosed a screenshot below to confirm this.) The price was an odd number, and lower than I’d paid in the past, so I texted with one of your online service reps to doubly confirm this. Of course, I was unable to get you guys directly on the phone; I waited over 90 minutes and gave up. For the record, I've also copied screenshots of my text chat below. After my text with your rep (or bot?) I was confident that $179.45 would be the price I’d pay to renew. If you read the support chat, you'll see why.

Then today, as the date of my renewal was fast approaching, I again checked the website and now the price to renew on my account was over $350. No explanation was given as to why this change to the renewal price was made. Naturally, I felt that I’d had a little bait and switch.

I’ll just say (charitably) that Adobe doesn’t have the best reputation when it comes to customer service, but even this is a new low. Prices change dramatically with little or no explanation, and getting any kind of customer support is nearly impossible. And the customer support that I *did* get was absolutely incorrect. If I hadn’t gone onto the website myself today to check, my account would have auto-renewed at more than double the price that I had expected. 

Even now, there seems no real way to get any technical support. I can't wait on hold again for more than 90 minutes with no end in sight. There's not even a support email that I can find. (I responded by email to the cancellation notice I got from you guys, but it bounced back as being full.) What's going on with you guys over there? And I'm a paying customer; this isn't a free service. So, as a last resort, I'm posting here.
In any event, because I've gotten no support and my auto-renewal is imminent, I've had to cancel my Creative Cloud account. I didn't want to do it, but I'm running low on options. 

Here we are.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Darryl, 

This is primarily a user-to-user Forum – so we don't really have the power to help you here, unfortunately...

The only folks who have the ability to fix plan billing or account payment issues is Adobe Customer Care themselves. You should be able to reach them via live online chat or possibly phone:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Sorry if there have been delays in reaching them, and that we can't be of more help to you here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines