Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation and install

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Two years ago I bought Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended and InDesign CS6, with lifetime licenses. Now Adobe claims that these programs are illegal. So I would like to buy these two programs legally, with a lifetime license for one computer. I don't want any other support programs, cloud storage or other add-ons. I would like to buy the so-called "box" version with a disk or USB flash drive, so that I can always upload the program to a new computer. Where can I buy these programs and at what price? I am over 70 years old, retired and my income is small. So I expect the lowest possible price.

Richard Halabura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

the least expensive way to legally purchase would be to subscribe to the photography plan (ps and lr) and subscribe to id.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Richard25351156hrhw,

Unfortunately, Adobe has stopped selling lifetime licenses for these softwares and only offer subscriptions now. Also the versions you are after are pretty old so sooner than later they would not even be able to properly run on mordern versions of OS and then then there is a risk of Adobe killing the activation servers for these versions as they have already done till CS4. If you are very tight on budget, I would suggest the following options.

• Search for alternative softwares which could handle the work you need and also offer a one time purchase.
  • Explore the Adobe offering of monthly subscription, it is a bit pricey than the annual subscription but you have a choice of using the software on a monthly basis, so you discontinue the subscription for months you don't have a project.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years ago?

Adobe and all authorized sellers stopped selling "perpetual" versions long before that. You did indeed buy illegal versions and there is no way to buy them legally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read both posts above.  they both contain useful information.

but to answer your question directly, you cannot legally purchase a cs6 license.  any cs6 license you do purchase is being sold illegally and will be subject to revocation just like your purchase from 2 years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a used version and the current owner of the license transfers the license through Adobe, it can be done. But that's the ONLY circumstance under which it can be done and finding a legal used version with a transferrable license is a bit of a c**pshoot. There are no legal new versions available from anyone.

Note that you also need to ensure that the license wasn't originally sold to a corporation as part of bulk purchase, since those cannot be resold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot to everyone for the answers.
So now I have to change the question. How to buy legal Photoshop and InDesign in one package without any extras (clouds, fonts and other garbage) to make it as cheap as possible?
Richarrd Halabura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is available as a one time purchase.

InDesign is not available without a Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the least expensive way to legally purchase would be to subscribe to the photography plan (ps and lr) and subscribe to id.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines