• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Account Access App not Compatible with OnePlus 7 Pro even though it should be

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have posted a similar thread before, yet i have merely just received a "huh, it should work? Maybe try turning on 2FA on your account, see if that works" response..

However, this time, i am coming to you with some more or less 'hard' evidence. (Tl;Dr. is available at the end of this rant)

To come to the point: The "Adobe Account Access" app does NOT work with my mobile phone, instead it just displays a "Device not supported" message. That device being a "OnePlus 7 Pro". Now, i am aware of what it says in the FAQ about getting the "Device not supported" error message. It says that the app only supports secure android devices that run android 6+.
However, the things is. My phone IS running android 10 at the moment. Everything i have tested indicates that the app should work.
I have created a thread on XDA-Developers about this and several users reported back to me that the app is working fine with their phones.
I have even gone so far and installed the app on a device that is very close to the OP7P in terms of hardware and software. I tried installing it on a OnePlus Nord (AC2003), which was running the same version of OxygenOS (10.0.11) at the time.

Now, i have to be honest with you. The phone in question IS rooted using Magisk Root. HOWEVER: There should be absolutely no issue with the "adobe account access" app, since root access to the app is disabled anyways and there should be no concern whatsoever about the fact.
IN FACT, i have confirmed that the app should work under a rooted ROM. Several kind users on the XDA-Developers forum were kind enough to confirm that.

So that leaves me with one question:
Why is the OnePlus 7 Pro specifically NOT supported by the "Adobe Account Access" app?

I have tested, with several users, that it should work under root conditions. It should work under OxygenOS. It should work with my current device, yet it just does not.
I know this forum is community run.. But could we please somehow get someone at the development level to respond to this?
I am honestly just trying to make my account more secure by doing this. Usually i would just use my yubikey for 2FA authentication.. But since that's not supported, i would apprechiate it if the "Adobe Account Access" app could at least be configured, such that it it actually does run on a relatively state of the art, relatively recent, absolutely on par with high end phones that have been released only recently.

Tl;Dr.: If there might be a way to get an actual DEV to engange with this issue, that would be kinda neat. Thanks.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.

when i google this issue, you (or someone with exactly the same setup as you) are the only one posting about this.

and before anyone could conclude there's a oneplus 7 pro issue, testing on unrooted mobile should be done. it seems more likely that (or magisk in particular) is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines