Exit

Adobe are conning people out of their money

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Adobe does not tell you when your annual subscription begins and ends

2.  Adobe no longer provides a way to contact them directly to find out

The Adobe user is therefore supposed to guess the end date of the plan or pay Adobe a cancellation fee without Adobe providing the dates to show why you are paying the fee and how long is left on your annual subscriptiuon in order to cancel at the end of the year to avoid it.

This must be illegal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for those who did not already know....

3.  Adobe does not provide a way to turn of auto renewal of the annual subscription (!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  anyone with an individual license can check their account (https://account.adobe.com) to see when their plan renews

2. there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

3. is correct.  you cannot set your plan to NOT renew.  you must set a reminder to cancel your plan a few days before it renews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1.  anyone with an individual license can check their account (https://account.adobe.com) to see when their plan renews"

This is not true, you can see the billing and when the payment has occurred but there is no way to see the start and end dates of the annual subscription

"2. there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:"

With regards to chat:  I saw you re-post this stock answer to a number of other posts and of course clicked on the link.  There is no blue field for me to type "agent", your respone is again misleading

With regards to phone:  I tried this and there is a perpetual no answer in the United Kingdom

With regards to Twitter: are you serious?  You expect Adobe users to manage their account using Twitter!!!!  There is no way I will divulge account information on Twitter, IM or no, this is not a secure platform, owned by Adobe, for the ourposes of managing Adobe customers

"3. is correct.  you cannot set your plan to NOT renew.  you must set a reminder to cancel your plan a few days before it renews."

Why does Adobe not provide this feature?  This is the reason I am completely justified in describing Adobe's practices as a con as it is certainly illegal here in UK not to provide a means to stop auto-renewal, especially considering the contact options you have provided to not result in contact.

"And ps," No wonder the scammers are all over Adobe, pointing me to Twitter to manage my Adobe account, not providing a chat option, and not answering the phone is evidence that Adobe have not provided a secure way to communicate with its customers and the scammers are taking advantage of the poor system that has been provided.  Adobe are the scammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  perhaps you have a teams or enterprise license?  with individual licenses, the accounts landing page explicitly shows the renewal date.

kglad_1-1675112055667.png

2. to use chat you must use a compliant browser as explained above and highlighted in blue.  you can try a different browser.  most people have no trouble using their mobile device.

3. i don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  No I don't have teams or enterprise account.  The box that you have indicated is telling me when my next monthly payment will be taken, there is no "Redeem a new code by XXXX".  All I want to know is when my annual subscription ends, and this information is not there.

2. Adobe does not support Chrome browser, it astounds me.  I have entered my request by chat in Edge, I am currently on my 8th response talking to a bot and have been transferred to an agent, let's see if one appears.

3.  Let me answer that for you then, by making the annual subscription date hard to know, by asking customers to set a reminder themselves to cancel even though you should provide the tools to do this and by making it hard to contact Adobe to find the annual subscription date and manage the account,  Adobe is profiting from automatic renewals against the will of its customers.  That is a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an update, i'm sure will be interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on chat. so far I have been transferred once, this is the question that I am asking that no one wants to answer "I paid for an annual subscription, 365 days of access to Adobe. Your community forum is telling me that I need to cancel the subscription a few days before the automatic renewal on XXXX. On what date should I cancel the policy in order to avoid being charged for another year. And if it is true that I have to cancel a few days before, will Adobe provide access to its apps for the full 365 days even though I have cancelled a few days before?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop the press, the new chat operative has now given me a different date for my renewal than the first operative, you couldn't make this up, it is insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two chat operatives, 30 minutes and finally I get to know when my annual subscription ends.  Asking Adobe users to go through this process and then create their own calendar reminders, with only a 14 day window to fix it if they miss the reminders, Adobe is profiting from providing a broken system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee I must be getting old. 😖

It's as obvious as the nose on your face.

1. Plan begins when you join and give Adobe your payment card number and expiration date.  

2. Plan ends 12 months later, unless you cancel beforehand.

The renewal date is posted in your online account 24/7. Log-in below.

https://acount.adobe.com/plans

Use a modern browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers.

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

It's all very transparent.  Nothing illegal about any of this. 

Goodbye & good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

getting old isn't so bad, but i'm pretty sure you're not going to convince the op of anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines