Adobe CC Cancellation confirmation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have received yesterday, 16 February 2021, the following e-mail:

Cancellation confirmation
We've processed your cancellation request. Your service will end on 16-February-2021 (PT).
After that, your account will revert to a basic, free level of membership. Free memberships retain limited access to Creative Cloud services and 2GB of complimentary online storage. (You may need to delete files to meet your new storage limitations.)
Keep exploring Creative Cloud, and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

The interesting part is that I have not requested the cancellation of my CC plan. In august 2020, I ordered the CC 1 year plan and was not expecting an e-mail like this anytime soon. 

What can I do in this situation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Gabriel5D19,
Sorry to hear that you are facing trouble. Unfortunately, you won't find the help you need at these forums. These are peer to peer forums, with no one here having access to your account information. You need to contact support.
Login to your account and navigate to the URL below. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click on the chat icon on the bottom right, and type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
Also, be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I have been waiting for 2 hours after I was transferred to an agent that can assist me better. 

Still waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samething happened to me as well. I can't connect to support waiting for like 45min... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted another agent, and now Im on hold again... 

Do you have the same problem with your adobe cc 1 year plan being cancelled without your request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2 accounts both of them are disabled. I don't know why I cant reach to support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear and regarding reaching to support, I am still trying after 6 hours. Nothing happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my chatbox is closed by itself i dont know why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sule, and others, please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/creative-cloud-canceled-by-someone/m-p/11837434#... where this topic was recently discussed. You may need to use a different device if you are unable to establish a secure chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an idea, I wonder if anyone with this problem is willing to share if they purchased this CC plan from outside Adobe, and what they paid for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple reports of such cancellations today. I advised contacting support to them and the response that some of the guys got was that their license was purchased from the gray market and hence was canceled. So folks if you buy outside of Adobe do make sure it's an authorized seller else this fate can befall anytime, don't fall for offers that look too good.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed the license was bought from outside adobe but then, why would adobe authorise that in the first place? After activating my key code (thus being verified by adobe), I didnt think that there will be any kind of problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Indeed the license was bought from outside adobe but then, why would adobe authorise that in the first place?"

They don't. There has been an epidemic of organised fraud going on. I read that in one model, stolen credit card details are used to pay for subscriptions, which are resold to unsuspecting people looking for Creative Cloud for less than $600 a year. All starts well. After a few weeks, sometimes months, the card theft is noticed, and the payments are stopped. So the contract is cancelled; meanwhile the company has closed and is running the fraud for a new set of customers; sometimes using the credit card numbers of the last batch of people who wanted a bargain. This is just one of many ways in which "cheap" software sellers are stealing from both Adobe and their customers at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never thought there was such a big operation going on.

That's just great... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that such licenses are issued to entities for special purposes under special conditions of usage. Like an educational institute, now if such a license is sold to a normal person and Adobe gets to know about it then it will be canceled, So the crux is that even though the license might be a valid one but the condition of its use is violated and hence it is illegal

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I do not understand why adobe has this kind of message: We've processed your cancellation request. Your service will end on 16-February-2021 (PT), as there wasn't any request made. Why this approach? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just receive this from adobe help centre

Hi! Thank you for contacting Adobe Genuine. After analysis, it appears that the subscription access has been shut off for the product. it shows that the Redemption code is fraudulently obtained.

I bought it and even have an invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it shows that the Redemption code is fraudulently obtained. I bought it and even have an invoice."

It is good that Adobe are being definite about this. You should note that they are saying fraud has been committed, but NOT that YOU did the fraud. Organized crime has now moved into providing counterfeit, fraudulent software in a big way. Your issue is with whoever sold it to you (though the chances are they will now be out of business and opened up under a new name).  In most countries, if you pay for something in good faith, which later turns out to be stolen, you end up with nothing: the victim of the criminal, not the owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

received this email from Adobe

This email is to notify you that the Department of Education has migrated all Adobe accounts to direct email access using your school account, as a result your access to this subscription has been blocked. Please contact IT Support for further details and access to your Adobe software. If you do not belong to a school and have questions about the legitimacy of your redemption code learn more here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines