Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe for Teachers?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I had subscribed as a career teacher for a certain $$$ amount each month.  All of a sudden Adobe wishes to more than double my subscription rate.

What is going on?  Are you folks going to honor your commitment?

Thanks,

Jeff B
fractalier@aol.com

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that the first year? The first year is a special price! As a teacher you still get a reduced subscription price, but it is effectively higher than the first year initial subscription fee!

Abambo
via mobile phone.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal price isn't more than double the intro price though. To understand what programs are involved, what was the old price, and what is the new price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally it was $20 per month, now Adobe wants $52 per month.  I cannot afford that for the small number of programs I use.  And to be honest I do not remember anything about a special "introductory" price, so that Adobe could jack me the next year.  Come on, folks, all I use is Photoshop and InDesign anyway.  Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it's gone up from the special 1 year introductory price for academics, to the full price for ordinary folk. It should have gone up to the $30 normal academic price, however, if you haven't subscribed from a school email that is enrolled in Adobe's program, you need to confirm your academic status each year. Contact Adobe to sort this out - and do it right away, because you will otherwise get a cancellation fee of half the remaining year (Up to $600).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I contacted you I already re-upped at $20.99 a month.  

You know, I have my original Photoshop 1, Photoshop 5, and Photoshop 7 software.  I have been with you guys since the beginning.

One gets tired of being bled.  For what I need I'll just go back and use those software packages.  Or maybe just use GIMP. 

Sheesh, Adobe, how greedy.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>with you guys

This is a public forum with the space provided by Adobe... this space is mostly answered by other users, not Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They have been answering me because they read these.  Please, sir, if it does not pertain to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines