• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is a scam for teachers!!

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the trial and found the product worthless with my students. 

Now that I am on break and have enough time to cancel I am being charged to cancel!!! 

I tried to call. It asked me to enter a call back number and it literally called while I was on hold but no one ever answered the phone.

The chat box is worthless- only a robot.

I cannot reach a live person to ask why I must pay a cancellation fee for a product I didn't really use and am a TEACHER!!! 

I get it- there may have been fine print, but clearly a teacher doesn't have the time to scroll through the endless scam of this trial offer- Perhaps Adobe should conisider revoking "integrity" from their website:( 

I just want this canceled without additional fees....adobe has already collected from me and I never used the product nor were my students able to do so. 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe" may now contact you, now you've posted here. They will be fake. We can't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kate224526188f66 

I'm very surprised that a teacher would take out an Annual subscription and NOT read the Terms they were agreeing to beforehand. 

In any case, you had 14 days to cancel without penalty.  Evidently you missed the grace period so now you're being asked to pay an early cancellation fee which is 50% of your remaining months of service.  To avoid penalty fees, you may wait until your 12th month of service to cancel and enjoy your 60% teacher's discount for the year.  Or you may pay the fees and cancel now.  Your choice.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

NOTE:  Due to the holiday and widespread outbreak of omicron sickeness,  wait times for customer support are probably longer than normal.   In the chat box, type AGENT followed by Enter key.  Wait for a human support agent.

Goodbye and happy new year!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy-

"Community professionals" that respond with condescending tones are just another reason I will let my teacher friends ,who don't have time to read all of the fine print, know  that adobe is just a scam to get your money unaplogetically. 

In my experience with other companies who find out their customers are not satisfied with the product let them discontinue without penalty fees!! 

Clearly you and adobe have no regard or understanding for the job teachers do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>don't have time to read

I guess that means that you don't expect your students to read their books or what you give them as assignments

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you enter your credit card number to buy a subscription... See this page for more information, including a yellow highlited section from the subscription page https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/cancellation/m-p/12153645

This is a PUBLIC FORUM not Adobe suppport... other users here can give you advice or tell you the rules that you didn't bother reading, but NOBODY HERE can help... you need to the link to Adobe support that has already been provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user-to-user community, not Adobe support.  Nobody here can help you with billing matters.

Maybe you can persuade an Adobe support agent to waive the cancellation fee for you.  Just hope they don't see your public remarks where you called Adobe a scam, not once but twice😦 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines