• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Software Should Be FREE for Students

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing to give my own piece of mind on this. Since I am a student myself and have now canceled my  subscription due to these exorbitant prices, I want to speak out on the subject of software being free for students.

First off, Autodesk and Maxon, giant creative software companies, allow students to use all of their software for free, with no restrictions put in place within the software. When I found this out it baffled me that Adobe would charge students these absurd prices, (It's $240 a year at first, but then very soon it becomes... $380--hence why I canceled my subscription. 240 was already a lot, but 380... catch me later). 

So you can get a number of professional softwares for various fields of work such as Maya, 3DS MAX, AutoCAD and Cinema 4D. As well as powerful renderers and addons such as Redshift and Arnold. Did I also mention that since Maxon acquired Red Giant, you now get all of Red Giant's suites for free as a student? 

So there is only one noteworthy software giant left that has yet to allow for creativity of young people to flourish, that is... ta-da! Adobe! And you wonder why so many students will pirate Adobe's softwares... If Adobe would just do what Autodesk and Maxon do (that is, allow students to use their software for free), maybe students wouldn't have to risk the potential side effects of piracy: malware and viruses. 

Adobe's software is already expensive as it currently is, but I'd be crazy to say that's the only thing that has a high price. The third party plug-ins for adobe's softwares have prices that go sky-high, especially for After Effects. Examples include suites from widely-known Boris FX, namely Sapphire and Continuum, and lesser-known add-ons such as Plexus and Stardust.

Make the software free for students. As a student you have zero source of income, it is ridiculous that Adobe expects this kind of cash from somebody in school. Autodesk and Maxon have realized this already, so I think it's time Adobe joins in on this. That is, joining in on empowering creativity in the younger generation. If a student gets to learn your software for free they are likely to pay for it when they are making a living using the software they know and love. There is simply no real replacement for some Adobe softwares.

I hope this reaches the higher-ups at Adobe. This is something I am very passionate about as a student myself.

P.S. : I know Adobe has 50+ apps in Creative Cloud, but most people will never touch most of them. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Media Encoder are the ones that REALLY matter.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

This is a public forum with the space provided by Adobe... nobody at Adobe who sets policy will ever see this

Send a letter to... Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit/correction: Adobe has 20+ apps, not 50+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum with the space provided by Adobe... nobody at Adobe who sets policy will ever see this

Send a letter to... Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines