• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Software Unavailable For those living on Social Security

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been a fan for Adobe since I was a child; I have been coping with problems that have made it difficult to work, or to earn money. Creating art is essentially the way of the future, and digital art does not require the purchase of paints. I am beyond disappointed because I've saved $1500 and went into debt with what little I had to obtain the CS6 suite.

I am now on social security, and the only thing I have to do all day is be creative. I've lived off virtually no money—and I mean no money for a long time before I was approved. My CS6 license was the only thing that made is possible for me to remain even remotely connected & to hope to make side money.

So, I saved my social security money and bought a new computer because my other one is years old and running out of space. Now my CS6 is unavailable for download and I cannot transfer the applications from the previous computer to this one; they will not run on the new OS.

I find it shocking that Adobe has provided countless opportunities to students but there has never ever been a single option for people whose actual resources in life are permanently limited. Can you please tell me why this is?

I'm living off very little. I cannot afford to pay $20/mo for software that I've already went 5 years into debts trying to pay off the last license. I cannot guarantee in 1 year that I will be able to continue paying another $20/mo if I bought an annual license. My life has been so all over the place because of my challenges that there is zero way for me to afford $40/mo to use the 2 applications I was using prior (Illustrator & Photoshop).

How do you expect people living with very little to maintain a place in your business? You are not a fancy restaurant; you are a glamorous software development company who has existed for decades and you should have long figured out that a large percent of your clients who have funded you since day 1 are artists with mental challenges who have lived & breathed the creative life online to escape the harsh realities, and who use art as a form of therapy & a way to earn money to survive.

How is this even possible? How does a billion dollar company cater to the wealthy who can afford to throw money around every 5 years, but then people living with mental disabilities who've slaved away & given their life savings for you to exist & to be a part of this community—are thrown to the wayside, shamed, and told they're expecting too much because they have reached a point where they can't afford your software anymore or to run the existing software they've worked blood, sweat, and tears to purchase?

Do you even care about your customers? What am I supposed to do? I've barely been making ends meet as it is. One of the few prides I have had in life has been a proud supporter of Adobe, and the skills I've spent my life harnessing with your software. Now I spent a chunk of change I barely had to buy a reliable computer so I could continue having some meaning in my life, and I can't even run a license I slaved years to pay for before—nor can I afford to give you $500/year when some months I have no disposable income.

This is really shameful of you, and I hope to God somebody in a position of power actually listens to what I am saying & takes time out of their carefree day to recognize that we are all in this together, and we have all supported, recommended, and invested in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. as a species. This empire wasn't built in a day anymore than Rome, and it is beyond unfair that you have never once in over 20 years cared or considered that people living on disability have thrown all they had into walking this journey with you & making it happen.

It is those of us who had no future and gave all that we had who invested more than anyone with respect to percent of wealth, such as the parable of the rich men who gave a drop of what they owned vs. the widow's offering who gave very little but it was everything she had left in the world. Apparently a lesson your wealthy, beyond-secure corporation could stand to get off your spoiled mitts for one day to consider. Shame on you; those who gave everything they had with little are now unable to partake in the company, and maybe we didn't have the most money but we were your biggest investors and we're worth nothing to you. You don't even care; you have options for teachers & students, but nothing for the disabled.

You should be beyond ashamed of yourselves. You are catering to an audience of artists, many of them starving or using digital art to cope with a disorder. Shame on you. You have disgraced your biggest fans because we don't have all the money in the world.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

We don't work for Adobe and we don't set prices or policies.  We are fellow product users like you.

Other available options, some are free:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you buy a program via download you should always copy that download (and a text file containing your serial number) to at least one external device... a usb flash drive or hard drive or write to a dvd

NOTE - Adobe has removed ALL public download links for installs and updates

-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
-CS6 (and earlier) are no longer sold or supported by Adobe, and no authorized
-vendor has copies to sell... not by disc, and not by download of an installer
The Adobe employee who advises volunteer helpers (I am one) said this on 12-18-2019
"Adobe employees will no longer be engaging with Creative Suite customers to provide support via chat, phone, or social media"
That means that you will not be given a download link by contacting customer support
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't work for Adobe and we don't set prices or policies.  We are fellow product users like you.

Other available options, some are free:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines