• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stole my money and failed to correct my account

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has stolen my money!  Crappy service.  I bought a new subscription 1/8/2020.  It took me 4 hours to have a rep finally get my service activated.  Within minutes of reactivation the account reverted to UNSUBSRIBED.  I've been promised return calls and emails on multiple occasions.  Adobe service is possibly the worst.

What is worse is that I teach Adobe courses at a high school!  I am the webmaster, social media manager, librarian, and yearbook adviser -- all require ADOBE on a daily basis.  I cannot beleive how poorly adobe has responded.  

[Topic edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanc,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine how frustrated I would be if I paid for a subscription and my account didn't reflect it. You mentioned you were working with Adobe reps. Did they/you try all the troubleshooting steps in this help document?

If you did and the subscription is still not working, I'm afraid Adobe support is your only recourse. Most of us here on the forums are community members just like you and we can't access your account. There are a few Adobe employees who monitor discussions, but there is no guarantee one of them will see this. I would recommend reaching out via chat and trying multiple times if necessary until you get a person who will help right then and there. I know this isn't ideal and definitely doesn't address your concerns about Adobe's service as a whole. The other option is to reach out to the AdobeCare team on Twitter. That platform is monitored more regularly by staff and seems to be pretty responsive.

As a last resort, you can stop payment through your bank or credit card until the issue is resolved.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

この話から脱線するかもしれませんが、日本のアドビカスタマーケアのTwitterアカウント(@AdobeSupportJ)

ではサポートは終了していますので、この議論を見た日本人の方は注意して下さい。

(日本ではチャットか電話しか問い合わせ先はありません)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanc8753182, You say you work for a school.  If this is a Teams or Enterprise plan, you need to work with your IT department's admin.  

If this is an Individual plan that you pay for yourself, it sounds like your apps are reverting to Trial Mode.  And that's an easy fix.  Simply remove Adobe-related entries from the hosts file.  See this help article for more tips.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for a 1 year student/teacher edition so that I have access on my personal laptop.  My previous 1 year teacher subscription exprired.  Years prior I paid monthly.  However, I had to go to the prepaid yearly account in order to be reimbursed. The new account was activated (after about a 4 hour chat) but only lasted for a few minutes.  It appeared to dissappear into thin air.  There was nothing showing that I activated an new subscription.  I kept geting notices sayting that my service ended.  I reached out to Adobe Customer Care via chat immediatly. I was told that they'd get back with me.  I even received a service credit email for 366 days -- that was a joke.  There is no service.  Adobe has repeatedly told me that a senior team member would email me a new code.  NO CODE RECEIVED as of 1/14.  NO HELP, NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY IT HAPPENED was ever received.  Adobe took my money . . . . They have the worse service I have experienced in years.  VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.  I'm a teacher . . .  I don't have money to burn.  The more I research, the more I learn that Adobe does not care about its small customers.  I've used Adobe products for many years,  I wish there were other options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling there's more here than you're telling us.  What is your Adobe case number?  I'll ask an Adobe staff person to look into it.  If you don't know it, sign-in below and click on View Support History towards page bottom.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

In the meantime,  I don't know if this is related or not but there are some known issues with McAfee security blocking Creative Cloud.   McAfee have admitted there is a bug in their latest release and they are working on a fix for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take offense at the comment "there is more here than you're telling us".  The problem was finally resolves afer MANY days and I have no problems at this time.  I had to go through several reps in order to finally get the problem resolved.  Hopefully, when I up my subscription in January, I will have an easy transition.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is user-forum.  After 11 months, I'd say there was a good deal more going on than what you told us inititally but glad you finally got your matter sorted.

❄   ☃   ❄

Happy holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines