• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stole my rent money

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got a random charge over the holiday period. Thanks Adobe. Over $600 charged to a new card that they don't have authorisation over. Not sure how they have done this. What's worse is the 'chat bot' is just random Indian people who never answer a single actual question and dance around in circles not helping or ending the conversation before any resolution has been made.

The New Zealand phone number is a sham - doesn't connect to anything. I am saddened, angry and quite frankly APPAULED that a company this big can get away with charging such a ridiculous amount to a student and then disappearing without a trace. I have literally no money for rent this week. One chatbot said the payment was confirmed and the subscription has been cancelled - but there's no paper trail of any of this and now they are just saying 'we can't see the payment' which is so frustrating.

Stupid company and what used to be a good product is now absolutely tainted for me. Adobe I will never use your stupid product again. Sort your stuff out and give me my money back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Finn, I am sorry, but you will want to continue to work with our support team regarding any requests for cancellation or refund. I am showing that case ADB-27492670-N5B4 is currently open and pending a response from us. You can use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if you need to update your active support case.

Please be aware that refund requests can take several business days to complete depending upon the country, local laws

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you suspect someone fraudulently used your credit card, contact the credit card issuing company.

otherwise, there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

<moved from download and install >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope none of those avenues have helped 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, you don't suspect this is the result of someone using your card fraudulently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because Adobe has confirmed they charged the amount - they are just saying they can't 'see it' in their account. Which leaves me with nothing to go off. I just mainly hate how a $100 subscription got upgraded to a $600 one with no confirmation from my end. A good business shouldn't have to trick people into re-subscriptions especially when they simultaneously upgrade the plan and don't have any decent contact numbers or people to talk to. Definitely Adobe took the money - whether I get it back will be a whole other question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's difficult enough to determine how to help someone when they're forthcoming with relevant information, but in your situation trying to help doesn't really seem to be helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope nothing you can do. Thanks for trying though. Came here as a last attempt to get attention from someone who works at Adobe. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we can flag someone, but i'm not sure he'll be able to help, @Jeff A Wright 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finn, I am sorry, but you will want to continue to work with our support team regarding any requests for cancellation or refund. I am showing that case ADB-27492670-N5B4 is currently open and pending a response from us. You can use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if you need to update your active support case.

Please be aware that refund requests can take several business days to complete depending upon the country, local laws, and financial institutions involved. For any specifics, you will want to continue your conversation when our support team member contacts you on Monday. If you need to make any requests, such as preferred time of contact, phone number, or any other important information that we should be aware of, then please do not hesitate to update your support case using the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html Finn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. That's helpful as no one else I've talked to has confirmed Adobe is looking into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(thank you @Finn27833644mr3t for acknowledging @Jeff A Wright's attempt to help.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Finn, and I am sorry for the situation you find yourself in. Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html so you can continue to update your support case until the refund is received. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How wich money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over $600 NZD dollars - taken over the Christmas period no less. Have contacted over a dozen times and ends up with nothing happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines