Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on Adobe ID - I am conflicted

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Like many educators, we used to purchase an anual redemption code from a university reseller, which we activated on adobe.com site. For that purpose the retailer verified your university eligibility and sold the redemption code. For this purchase, I have been using my Adobe ID, which is NOT linked to the university email, as I have been an adobe user before joining the university, besides I lecture in different universities, hence using my personal Adobe ID was the most practical thing to do.

Great, but now the university/reseller process and relationship has changed in form of that the reseller no longer offers a redemption code, and I was asked to use my University email as my new Adobe ID to have access to my CC instead. This will require me un-installing all apps and re-installing them using my university email as a my new Adobe ID. I am reluctant to do so, as I have engaged with different forums of educational work using my ONLY adobe ID so far, and I really don't want to open up the can of worms with different Adobe ID for different universities, not being able to access files from one CC to another CC.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Can I purchased a redemption code from another reseller even?

Thanks heaps in advance.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am NOT an Adobe Employee. I am a User like you.

In my Opinion you should have a person from the University contact and buy the subscription For that University and not use your personal or school email address.

You should also maintain your own personl subscription even if it is at a higher cost.

But there is nothing stgopping you from Signing Out with your personal Adobe ID and then Signing back in with your school email and password, School Adobe ID. No need to uninstall and reinstall apps. But your Saved work, if saved to the Adobe Cloud system, will not be accessible from a different Adobe ID unless you manually Copy the files to both Adobe IDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the response from my university is that they can't help as the changed the process and eliminated the option of redemption code via a reseller using their .edu credential.

Now, that I will lose my library and other project linked to my personal Adobe ID, I will also be unable to consolidate my files, as I teach across different educational institutions. This is causing a few challenges on my side.

Hence, I am stepping back and thinking, thinking and thinking 🤔 of just subscribing myself as an educator and then somehow decide which .edu I should use to verify my teaching credentials. 

Any further advice is highly appreciated. Thanks heaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines