• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After one year of billing I cannot cancel my plan without paying an "early cancellation fee"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I have used Adobe services for 1 year through my student account and now I wish to cancel. I received an email assuring me that I can cancel at any time without additional charges, but when I try to do so, a large amount appears for the reason: "You'll be charged an early cancellation fee:
1,650.00 SEK". Who do I contact, as there is no possibility of feedback via the email I received the notification of the expiration of the agreed term.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

That's odd, because there is DEFINITELY a time limit on how long you have to cancel without charge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to cancel in the month leading up to your subscription renewal date. So, for example, if your subscription renews on July 15, you have from June 16 to July 14 (give or take, I like to have that extra day's cushion) to cancel without being charged a cancellation fee.

If you're really close to the date it rolled over, the CSR might be willing to waive the fee. No guarantee they will, but they might. They have some discretion in this, although I'm sure there are rules, too, to prevent abuse.

You'll need to contact customer support for help with this, in any case. Let us know if you need information on how to contact them, although I think you should be able to find all you need to know if you click "Featured" at the top of the forum page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LinSims. I received an email assuring me that no charges will be incurred if I cancel my subscription at any time after July 5th. here is their full letter in swedish!

You have to cancel in the month leading up to your subscription renewal date. So, for example, if your subscription renews on July 15, you have from June 16 to July 14 (give or take, I like to have that extra day's cushion) to cancel without being charged a cancellation fee.

If you're really close to the date it rolled over, the CSR might be willing to waive the fee. No guarantee they will, but they might. They have some discretion in this, although I'm sure there are rules, too, to prevent abuse.

You'll need to contact customer support for help with this, in any case. Let us know if you need information on how to contact them, although I think you should be able to find all you need to know if you click "Featured" at the top of the forum page.

By Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translation of the letter I received from Adobe from Swedish to English

Your extension message
Your annual subscription is automatically extended 05-July-2022 (PT). The extension conditions are stated below.
You will be charged SEK240.0 (plus VAT) monthly. At the end of the one-year period, the subscription is automatically renewed every month until you cancel it (the price may change). No one-year commitment period is required after the first year. Unsubscribe at any time via Adobe Account or Customer Support. We can verify your academic status at any time to confirm the right to education awards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an annual subscription paid in parts each month, or a month-by-month subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to pay a fixed installment of 240 sek with a student discount every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what the price is in Sweden, I'm sorry. In any case, there's nothing anyone here can do for you. We're not Adobe employees, just users like you who have a bit more knowledge and help around the forums.

You're better off following John's directions to contact customer support. Explain to the CSR what your email told you and that you followed directions. I hope they cancel the sub and don't charge you a cancellation fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, because there is DEFINITELY a time limit on how long you have to cancel without charge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Help Center https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html is a good place to start
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines