• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annual plan but upcoming student access

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the Black Friday sale, I accidentally commited to an Annual Plan, Paid Monthly, instead of subscribing on a monthly basis. I used my student e-mail address.

Starting in January, I will be taking graphic design courses through school and will have access to Adobe programs for the semester. Will this extend the duration of my Annual Plan? Will I still be charged monthly while having access via my university?

Thanks

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your school is going to supply you with a plan using the same email address you used previously, you'll have both plans (an enterprise plan from your school and your individual plan).

ie , to adobe those plans are different.  if they contain the same apps and extend to the same date, you may want to cancel your personal plan.

there normally would be a penalty for doing that but because you have a plan, you may be able to avoid the penalty.

so, clarify what you have and what your school is supplying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure exactly what plan I will be receiving from my school yet. To cancel my current plan (Creative Cloud All Apps 100GB, paying $20.99/month) there is an early cancellation fee of $115.

It is just a waste to be paying when I will have access from my school. I know it is my fault for not clearly seeing that I was commiting to an annual commitment instead of month to month when I made my purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe can be very understanding when one subscription is replaced by another.  they generally do NOT charge a cancellation fee.

i suggest you wait until your school supplies your plan, then contact adobe support about cancelling your previous plan "because you replaced it with...<whatever plan your school provides>".  ask them if you can cancel the older one (that's going to expire sooner than the new one) without penalty.

when that school plan starts, there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines