• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CS6 won't open after CC unsubscribe

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a legal fully-licenced copy of Audition CS6 that I have been using for years.

I also had a subscription to CC which I have now allowed to expire as I wasn't using the new Audition features and other apps enough. CS6 has now stopped working and refuses to open as the CC Desktop app can't 'find' the licence. As this was a completely separate purchase (fully paid, permanent) licence for CS6, why isn't the CS6 licence treated separately, and do I need to re-install CS6 / uninstall CC?

This experience is really putting me off using Abode products.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm redirecting this to the licensing forum, although I suspect that they'll say the same as I will - you need to deal with support directly to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ewan,

This sometimes happens when trying to reactivate CS6 after having installed & subscribed to CC... The reason is because the newer Creative Cloud subscription licensing included CS6, and so that subsumed the previous standalone CS6 activation.

However, it should be relatively easy to restore. Please see this Adobe help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines