Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto renewal and Credit Card removal

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Due to some university projects I signed up for a yearly subscription for CC. After my purchase, I wanted to disable auto-renewal. If I still need the service after one year, I'll renew that myself.

However, as it turns out there is no possibility of cancelling auto-renewal?! Am I supposed to set an alarm in my calendar one year from now that reminds me to cancel my subscription, otherwise I will be charged for another year incl. a 50% price increase?! (I'm on student plan, so after the first year the price increases by 50%).

So anyway, I don't want my credit card information or any derived information of it to be kept by any company other than my bank/credit card company, no matter how safe they think their system is. And as it turns out, this is not possible either?!

I'm shocked about those practices...

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>alarm in my calendar one year from now that reminds me to cancel my subscription

Yes, that is what you must do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"am I supposed to set an alarm in my calendar one year from now that reminds me to cancel my subscription" This seems like a good plan. You will find you have a LOT of subscriptions like this to manage in future and you certainly need a robust plan to do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!!

These people are CROOKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't buy if you don't read

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you enter your credit card number to buy a subscription... See this page for more information, including a highlited section from the subscription page https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/cancellation/m-p/12153645
-Purchasing FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Purchasing-FAQ-How-do-I-purchase-a-Creative-Cloud-members...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as I said, these guys are crooks.  Absolutely shameful how they do business.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines