• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AUTO-RENEWAL insanity ; [Adobe refuse to cancel auto-renewal for Creative Cloud]

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE IS THE "CANCEL AUTO-RENEWAL" OPTION ?

[edited by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have read and read... I found this;
" Opting out of auto-renewal

During the 12th month of your membership, you can opt out any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting us in your region."
SOURCE: Learn about Adobe Creative Cloud contract terms

WHAT ADOBE CURRENTLY PROVIDES IS NOT "OPTING OUT" but rather a "CANCELLATION THAT COSTS 50%  of remainder of agreement". 
THIS IS OFFENSIVE and intentionally BRAZEN to state it's possible, yet not provide the option that is clearly stated to be offered!!

// AT STAFF: I am recording the activity here. I am also screenshot'ing this thread for my records. Should you decide to not comply with your own documented options, I will provide this to an attorney..and approach others in regards to a class action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

// AT P.E.A.R.: Please read the subscription conditions you agreed upon before spending cash on an attorney.

When you took your annual subscription, you agreed to pay month per month during a whole year a sum to get access to you CC programs. You could also have taken the more expensive month by month subscription. But you opted for binding yourself contractually for a whole year. In counterpart of being able to cancel early, you agreed to pay 50% of the remaining fee as an early termination fee.

Sorry about that, but the conditions are crystal clear.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOTS of screen pics of the terms https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2589217 in reply #4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

//ok, so now my replies are being blocked. 
//So here's a re-write;

@ABAMBO
-- THIS ISSUE IS NOT "CRYSTAL CLEAR" . YOU ARE taking a general idea of what you're assuming and placing it into this specific area that is only defined in a few places and those are in the favor of the users who have complained and  have been met with  lowbrow replies from ACP people.

Opting Out of auto-renewal is in the documentation. It was looked up last Summer when I begin the year.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A CRONY.

NOTE: I am not looking to cancel.. I am looking to stop the auto-renewal.
This was not in the agreement that it would require that I can only opt out of auto renewal via cancelling during weeks 49.5-51.5 of the annual contract.

------------
How are both of these ACP people  completely missing the point ?
It's like I'm asking what the icr cream is made from, and they reply  with flavors.  THEY ARE SERIOUSLY MISSING THIS BY PARSECS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAIT!!!! ... if I write MORON, it gets blocked ? BUt if a staff ACP person writes it, it's ok to insult customers ?
WTF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I will happily contact anyone about this, because you guys couldn't fix a banana peel. #Regurgitators

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTHING IS CRYSTAL CLEAR IN THIS SPECIFIC SECTION!
These ACP people are trying to "blanket" this with something that does not pertain to this specific issue.
I feel like I am asking Apple staff to help..they're as useless

// OH MAN< I see now that the ACP guy removed his insult!
​//moderator removed insult //

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not STAFF, STAFF is marked STAFF obviously. You are abusing and this thread will get locked if you continue like this.

This said: Contact Customer Care and stop insulting people here. Thank you for your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no idea what an ACP is.. but honestly, if you couldn't understand the question, why bother replying ?
You frustrated me, and you made yourself look culpable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locking the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's NO CLAUSE regarding this <abuse removed>
Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.E.A.R.  wrote

<abuse removed>

Thank you for your friendly words. May I suggest that you contact Adobe: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe, ANSWER YOUR CUSTOMERS!
Why do you need to run so many background processes when no adobe programs are running at all  ?(and all have been stopped at boot through startup config)

I assume your legal team thinks the EULA is broad enough to allow data collection for anty reason .. for why else would Adobe need to run so many BG processes for a ONE program I use 3-5 times a month ?

I suppose the replies will be pointless... like so many threads before.
I suppose this thread will get locked when the "managers/admins/mods" get a wet diaper about this.

I'm seeking for an alternative to Photoshop...and once  the insane-annual contract BS comes back around in a few weeks, ... I'm GONE!
..I'll reformat and give Adobe the finger while I smile!

NEVER AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines