• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can ibuy the student offer with another account?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Im currently a student who got interest in the adobe creative cloud student offer.

My question is now if i can buy the student offer even if the account belongs to my brother who is currently not studying and also got no intention in using the Programm. I want to use his account cause it would be easier for me with the payments but im worrying that if the name frome the account doesnt match to the proof of my institution it would be not legitimate.

thank you very much in advance for your time and help

have a nice day

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. To qualify for the teacher/student discount you have to Prove "YOU" are a Student. If you use someone else's Adobe ID that is NOT a Student how do you Prove they are a student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accounts are NOT to be shared. This is breaking the rules, and if Adobe find out they might immediately suspend or cancel your membership. Certainly, trying to prove that you are someone else for the point of view of elibigibility for an offer could be seen as bordering on fraud... so really, no don't go there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is not currently sharing anything. His intent is to use his brothers account for billing purposes. Which won't work as the Adobe ID personal info has to match the Student ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does sound like sharing to me. One person has their name on the account, and (reading between the lines) their credit card too (or some other aspect like age, which makes one person more suitable as a billing contact). The other person wants to use the account to run software. Both may need the password (sharing). This is sharing even if only one person runs the software.

People and companies often end up in a difficult position over this (e.g. companies, when a person leaves, believe they have rights to the software they pay for, and expect to have the password, then hand on the password and account to the next person in the job). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe General Terms of Use

This is 5. Account Information.
Please refer to. As the two mentioned, it is clearly stated that AdobeID sharing is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are under age, get your parents or legal guardian to buy the Student Plan for you with your ID and password.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines