• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't cancel Creative Cloud [Topic edited by moderator]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say this because when you try to cancel your subscription they charge you for whatever time you have left for the rest of the year, up to $310!! YES I know they tell you with the little tiny fine print in the beginning, but if they are going to charge me for the rest of the year then why do I lose access to the services for the rest of the YEAR even though I am paying for it? COMPLETE SCAM, it is a way to deter users from cancellation cause why not continue paying for it if I have to pay the same price to cancel right? No. Then you will forget to cancel at your one-year mark, and then they've got you once again for an entire extra year that you cannot cancel without paying an even larger fee. Everybody protecting this shady business activity is a sucker who has been paying for years guaranteed. Use Davinci and other editing services that won't try to steal from their customers.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah we all already know how to cancel nobody asked... another billion $ scam corporation taking advantage of our current struggling working class. Use free or ethical editing softwares instead of adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you knew how to cancel why didn't you know there was a penalty for breaking your 1 year commitment to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are just an Adobe employee or robot, like I said the penalty should also cover the months that you are paying for otherwise it is just a money grab. With $310 you can afford plenty of months of any other editing software and cancel anytime you like 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are incorrect (again) on both counts.

and if you knew you weren't going to want a one year subscription why didn't you use a monthly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they charge you for whatever time you have left for the rest of the year

By @Jay32813092v8jn

You're charged half of what's remaining, not the full amount.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Quote from link regarding Early Cancellation Fee:

"Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged a lump sum amount of 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that change the fact that they are taking advantage of students? No. The fee should also cover however many months after cancellation that it may support as I said before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The special LOW COST student subscription is ONLY for a full year at a time, so cancelling early leads to a fee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yet again another adobe agent reply completely disregarding all statements in my post, I never said the yearly agreement was the problem. read again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines